Hey, I recently bought an Ibanez RGA 8 (it's an 8 string btw). I wasn't too happy with the factory strings so I put an Ernie Ball 8string set (.10-.13-.17-.30-.42-.54-.64-.74) on it. I tuned it up to standard tuning (F#BEADGBE low to high) and I noticed that my low B string sounded out of tune although my tuner (which is the built-in tuner in POD Farm) marked it as "in tune".
When I tune the string correctly by ear I noticed that the arrow of the tuner was placed about two dots below the actual note (you know, those little dots you have on a tuner and the one in the middle should be the correct note).
Does anyone know what my problem is? I guess it has something to do with the intonation but I'm not quite sure. What can I do to fix it?

greetz, and thanks in advance
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
It may just be the tuner. Have you tried any others? Does it sound out of tune when playing? If it does then its probably intonation, and if not, it just the tuner acting funny.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
I've tried it on my Boss tuner also, same problem... Anything I could fix myself?
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
is the tuner set to 440? becasuse if not then the strings will be out of tune
My tuner on my Gt-10 does this with my low D string for some strange reason. I always have to do the lower D by ear
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Yeah, I checked it.
@Kyle, well the problem isn't that bad but it's kinda frustrating especially during gigs when you need to tune up in just few seconds between songs... When you have a guitar, you kinda expect that it does it's job well...which is playing awesome and staying in tune.
Can I fix the intonation myself cause I don't like to go to guitarshops, I always get the feeling they're overpriced.
you know, on those lower frequency notes on 7's and 8's, i find a lot of tuners to be in accurate. sometimes you should just trust your ear. this also happens a lot to me when i just g ofrom standard to drop D on a 6 string. tuners dont really pick it up right, u should just tune that string by ear
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
On tuner inaccuracy: I use Korg tuners and a Px4, and I have noticed that when you tune your Low E below a certain threshold- about a D- they have a problem with accuracy...while set for guitars. Since my preferred tuning is CGDAEG, this comes up a bit. However, if I set them for bass, the inaccuracy disappears.

So check your tuners to see if hey have a "Bass" setting. (Mine do.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks for the advice guys, but since the Podfarm uses the same tuner for bass guitars I doubt it has anything to do with the tuner itself. When the factory strings were still on it I didn't have any tuning problems at all. So it guess the intonation is a bit messed up, but I always thought that when your guitar has an intonation problem it affects all of your strings... Not just one string in particular :s
I fyou changed guage you will need to adjust the intonation as well probably. tune it at open note and then fret the 12th frett harmonic and see if the note is still in tune. if the 12th frett harmonic is either sharp or flat you will need to adjust. if its a floyd you will need to retune all strings after every adjustment and just make small adjustments. I like to take 1/2 the error out and then retune / 1/2 the error / retune etc..
sounds like an intonation problem. not too hard to fix. theres 100s of how-to guides online
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby