Got a Boss BCB-60 Pedal board from the parents this year and was just what the best way to organize my pedals on it? Don't really have any experience with a full out pedal board as I usually ran two pedals at a time together using AC Adapters.

I own Digital Delay, Phase, Metal Zone, Chorus Ensemble, Compression Sustainer, Loop Station (RC3) and Distortion/Overdrive pedals. All Boss. I'm completely ignorant to the order I should have the pedals in to get the best from them so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
As a general rule you want to have signal based fx followed by time based fx.

Think about it like this: First you create the "sound" you want with distortion/pitch effects/compression then when you have that sound you use time based effects to repeat/overlay/double it.

If you tried the other way round you'd have loads of repeats and then try to change the sound of each - your dist pedal for example can't tell between softer picking and a repeat that's quieter so just makes a mush out of lots of sound
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
well, if you don't have an fx loop it will be

Guitar>Compression sus(might get different opinions on this one)>Distortion/overdrive>chorus ensemble>phaser>digital delay>RC3>amp

and if you do have an fx loop

guitar>compression(again, might have different opinions, but i live the compression to be first, makes it sound thoroughly neat and tight)>dist/overdrive>amp input. then, fx loop would be fx loop>chorus>phaser>delay>RC3> fx loop
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
compressor, Distortion/OD, metal zone, chorus, delay, phaser, loop.

it's preference really but this is how i would do it. try different combos and see what works best for you.
Ahh okay, so basically it's about preference to a certain extent then. Interesting, I guess I'll use these tips as a starting point and fool around and see what works best then. Thanks a lot for the posts guys, much appreciated.
They pretty much got idea down. To go even further you generally want to have your overdrive before your distortion, so that way you can use the od to boost the distortion for solos or parts where you really want to stand out.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by Castiel_91
Ahh okay, so basically it's about preference to a certain extent then. Interesting, I guess I'll use these tips as a starting point and fool around and see what works best then. Thanks a lot for the posts guys, much appreciated.

It is kind of preference. Some people like phaser before distortion/od some people like it after, but never put a delay before distortion, it sounds horrible. And you want to have the looper and the end of your chain so it loops any effect you might be using. So yeah, some things come down to preference. some are just general rules that are followed for a reason.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
It is kind of preference. Some people like phaser before distortion/od some people like it after, but never put a delay before distortion, it sounds horrible. And you want to have the looper and the end of your chain so it loops any effect you might be using. So yeah, some things come down to preference. some are just general rules that are followed for a reason.

Makes perfect sense, thanks bud.