I've been playing for about 3 years, I have a PRS Se 245 and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom as my guitars and am currently playing them on a Peavey Valveking 212. I am looking to upgrade my amp to something much better for my tastes unfortunately I don't understand much when it comes to that stuff. So what I am looking for is good heavy distortion (Along the lines of Nickelback, Hinder, Shinedown, stuff like that) doesn't need to include any effects, able to do decent sized gigs with good quality sound and is under 2500$. I have been told Mesa-Boogie would be a good brand to look into, any suggestions of amps I should go into a music store and tryout? Thanks.
Mesa recto/Mark series, Fender EVH 5150 III, Egnater Vengence, VHT, Orange, Splawn, Soldano, Baron,
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You have so many options in that price range, it really comes down to you just have to go try them out and find whats best for you. The blackstar series one amps are probably perfect for that sound. If you go for one of those get the 100 watt, its cheaper and 200 watts is way more than you will need. Also the Egnater Vengence. Carvin legacy is another good one, some of the best cleans I've ever heard and great overdrive/distortion. Also just look into what some of your favorite bands are using.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback