so i've been playing the electric guitar for about a month and there's a few riffs i can play decently

however, as i've gotten more into the world of music, i've become kind of overwhelmed by the fact that you got to adjust tuning on guitar and amp settings each time you chagne between a song and it's somehow managed to knock out my enthusiasm

anyone got a few tips to manage all the technical stuff and a way to motivate me to get back at it
When you're practicing no one cares about your tone. Don't bother with changing it, only once you start to play live, then you can change your tone settings to please the crowd. As for tuning your guitar, well that's a bitch you'll have to live with.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
If you've only been playing a month I wouldn't bother messing around with tunings - getting to grips with the guitar is hard enough as it is without needlessly complicating matters further. Stick to learning things in standard tuning for the time being, you can worry about alternate tunings when you've gotten a little more comfortable with the instrument.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
with tuning i mean all the different tunes you can play in like E flat and stuff, i'm not quite sure what the diffenrence is

can i play for example U2's sunday bloody sunday, which as i understand is played in E flat in just standard tuning so i dont have to sswitch all the time?
As far as ton goes, you don't really change it in between songs. One band can use a single guitar tone for an entire set. Once you get a tone you like, just stick with it and leave it be.

Tuning is a necessary evil, but it gets less annoying as you play more.
Yeah, work out a good all around tone that works for everything. Focus on playing nice and cleanly (as well as in time) and worry about your tone for playing live and recording.
Dont play stuff in alt tunings until you get another guitar?
I play alot of stuff in normal tuning thats supposed to be detuned.
Laziness really, but its the same shit in a different key unless youre in drop something.
I tend to use one tone for my rythym, one for cleans, and one for leads mostly all a footswitch away.
Quote by doode94
with tuning i mean all the different tunes you can play in like E flat and stuff, i'm not quite sure what the diffenrence is

can i play for example U2's sunday bloody sunday, which as i understand is played in E flat in just standard tuning so i dont have to sswitch all the time?

You can play it in E standard instead of E flat, it will just sound a halfstep higher. So it's fine to practice the song in E standard, but if you were playing live you would probably want to tune down to E flat unless the rest of the band was also tuned up a half step.