I ordered a Jet City JCA100HDM almost a month ago and I'm sick of waiting for it. I ordered it off of AMS, and it's STILL not in stock there or on zzounds. It was quoted to be in stock on AMS's site the first monday of this month, and I'm still waiting, so I'm seriously considering switching what amp I want. The thing is, I have to order it off of either AMS's website, or zzounds, with my preference being AMS.

Budget: No more than $800 on zzounds, or $1000 max on AMS

Genres: Metal more than anything, but I also play classic rock and blues. Basically, everything from SRV and Clapton to Lamb of God and Children of Bodom. I need good cleans and great distortion.

New through one of the two sites mentioned above. Make sure it's in stock before you suggest

Home and Gig

My current gear is in my sig. I have everything but the Jet City head.

Here are some amps I've been eyeing, but I don't know much about them:

Bugera 333xl
Egnater Tweaker 88
Randall RT100H
Egnater Renegade
Peavey 6534+
Egnater Vengeance

Are any of those good options?
Egnater Vengence sounds ver promising
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What about the JCA 50/100? and just get an EQ pedal with the rest of the $$ to get that depth mod sound?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
What about the JCA 50/100? and just get an EQ pedal with the rest of the $$ to get that depth mod sound?

I've thought about that, but it's Jet City's fault that I'm still waiting. I've tried multiple times to contact them to find out WHY I'm waiting. If they would at least attempt some customer service and give me the reason why, I'm pretty understanding about shit just not going the way you planned. However, I'm not gonna throw money at the same company that I'm displeased with in the first place. Plus, If I'm spending money there, I want to get the amp I want. I'm not gonna settle for second best.

I was just watching some vids of the Vengeance and it seems pretty bad ass.
The Bugera sounds good but isnt reliable so I would cross that one off. The tweaker has great cleans and od but the distortion is lacking for metal, same goes with the renegade. The peavey doesnt have the best clean. The Egnater Vengeance is a good choice. The Blackstar HT-100 is another awesome choice, great all around amp and its in your price range.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
The Bugera sounds good but isnt reliable so I would cross that one off. The tweaker has great cleans and od but the distortion is lacking for metal, same goes with the renegade. The peavey doesnt have the best clean. The Egnater Vengeance is a good choice. The Blackstar HT-100 is another awesome choice, great all around amp and its in your price range.

That is BS, I have a Bugera 333 for almost 2 yrs now, and it is just fine.

But I would still lean twards the Vengence
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by guitarguychris1

Bugera has fixed their reliability problems since the whole flaming amp situation. I like the sound of Blackstar, but I just can't get myself to spend that much money on an amp that isn't all-tube and that the company tries to market as all-tube. I like the amp, but I have this strong feeling that if I buy one, I'll be very disappointed later down the line and hate myself for it.

Does anyone know anything about that Randall head?
Quote by Blktiger0
Bugera has fixed their reliability problems since the whole flaming amp situation. I like the sound of Blackstar, but I just can't get myself to spend that much money on an amp that isn't all-tube and that the company tries to market as all-tube. I like the amp, but I have this strong feeling that if I buy one, I'll be very disappointed later down the line and hate myself for it.

Does anyone know anything about that Randall head?

If you like the sound then it shouldnt really matter. The amp sounds killer, and when you really think about it, thats less money you will have to spend when the thing needs new tubes.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
If you like the sound then it shouldnt really matter. The amp sounds killer, and when you really think about it, thats less money you will have to spend when the thing needs new tubes.

I LIKE the sound, but I don't LOVE the sound. That's where I'm pretty sure I'll kick myself later if I buy it. Also, lying is not acceptable no matter how good the amp sounds. Also, it has a full set of tubes IIRC, but has a bunch of SS shit in the signal path. If I were going to buy a Blackstar, It would be a series one, which are out of my price range.
Quote by Blktiger0
I've thought about that, but it's Jet City's fault that I'm still waiting. I've tried multiple times to contact them to find out WHY I'm waiting. If they would at least attempt some customer service and give me the reason why, I'm pretty understanding about shit just not going the way you planned. However, I'm not gonna throw money at the same company that I'm displeased with in the first place. Plus, If I'm spending money there, I want to get the amp I want. I'm not gonna settle for second best.
I see where you are coming from. While Jet City makes great amps they are not a well put-together company. For a while their website was broken. You could also try contacting them on Facebook, I see them answer their customer base there regularly.

When they really aggrivated me was when I ordered the metal grill for my JCA100h to replace that horrid looking blue bezel; they sent just the grill with no screws, no logo attachment, NOTHING, but the grille. And the screw holes for the bezel were aligned differently than the grill, forcing me to drill new holes to but the grill on. It was absolute hell, but my amp now at least looks serious and not like a Toys 'r Us toy.

As for another choice: you can have a look at the regular JCA100h if you can live without the depth knob. Or you can check out the Carvin V3; that would be a better choice than anything in your first post: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=V3L
Have you tried calling AMS? Calling is always best. E-mail sucks.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Ian_the_fox
I see where you are coming from. While Jet City makes great amps they are not a well put-together company. For a while their website was broken. You could also try contacting them on Facebook, I see them answer their customer base there regularly.

When they really aggrivated me was when I ordered the metal grill for my JCA100h to replace that horrid looking blue bezel; they sent just the grill with no screws, no logo attachment, NOTHING, but the grille. And the screw holes for the bezel were aligned differently than the grill, forcing me to drill new holes to but the grill on. It was absolute hell, but my amp now at least looks serious and not like a Toys 'r Us toy.

As for another choice: you can have a look at the regular JCA100h if you can live without the depth knob. Or you can check out the Carvin V3; that would be a better choice than anything in your first post: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=V3L

I have to order through AMS or zzounds, though, because they offer monthly payments...if Carvin does also, then that sounds great, but I doubt they offer them.
Quote by mmolteratx
Have you tried calling AMS? Calling is always best. E-mail sucks.

I use their online chat and bugged them daily for two weeks and now about every 3 days. I've called a few times too, but considering zzounds is having the same problem, I would venture to say I'm bothering them for no reason.
What about the EVH 5150 III 50 watt head?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Blktiger0
I have to order through AMS or zzounds, though, because they offer monthly payments...if Carvin does also, then that sounds great, but I doubt they offer them.
They do, but you have to sign up to their special card thing: http://www.carvinguitars.com/carvincard/

I've also seen used ones on Guitar Center's website, but I'm not sure if they do monthly payments on used gear.

Don't be afraid to look at the regular JCA100h head. Just because the depth knob isn't there doesn't mean it's not usable. Besides, you can always get the depth mod done should you ever want it; I've heard they're easy to do, and you could probably even do it yourself if you know what you're doing.
Quote by Robbgnarly
What about the EVH 5150 III 50 watt head?

I had looked at that, but I'm not sure. I'm not into "signature" gear. I just have a hard time getting myself to buy something with someone else's name on it. That thing is ugly as sin, too. I'll check it out still, but it just didn't quite appeal to me.

Quote by Ian_the_fox
They do, but you have to sign up to their special card thing: http://www.carvinguitars.com/carvincard/

I've also seen used ones on Guitar Center's website, but I'm not sure if they do monthly payments on used gear.

Don't be afraid to look at the regular JCA100h head. Just because the depth knob isn't there doesn't mean it's not usable. Besides, you can always get the depth mod done should you ever want it; I've heard they're easy to do, and you could probably even do it yourself if you know what you're doing.

I'm not signing up for their credit card...I just want a hassle-free monthly payment. Also, in one of my above posts I gave my reasons for not wanting to get the JCA100H. If I'm going with Jet City, I'll just wait it out. The only reason I would switch is to take my business elsewhere because they've pissed me off.

So far the Vengeance looks pretty tasty, though.