Hello! I can't decide between a Jackson KVXMG King V or a ESP M-II Deluxe.

The Jackson is made in india 2011 and have a EMG 81 and EMG 85, a floyd rose special and a neck thru body. The ESP is made in Japan in the late 1990's and it has an EMG 81 and a Singlecoil and an original Floyd rose, blot on neck on that one though.

It seems like a nobrainer huh? But my I'm worried that the hardware on the ESP might be a bit old and won't stay in tune very well.

Which one do you think I should get? The ESP is going to cost me 875$ inc Hardcase, the Jackson is 831$ with out hardcase.
I'm a Jackson fan, but that one comes across as a no-brainer. A used Japanese ESP beats a new Indian Jackson easily.

But, naturally it's best if you can check it out before you buy. Hopefully it's been looked after well, but you never know with a 10+ year old axe.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I'm a Jackson fan, but that one comes across as a no-brainer. A used Japanese ESP beats a new Indian Jackson easily.

But, naturally it's best if you can check it out before you buy. Hopefully it's been looked after well, but you never know with a 10+ year old axe.

Exactly! That's a problem, the ESP is about 400miles away from me, on the other side of the country infact and the Jackson is avalible at my local music store but they don't have it in stock right now so I can't try either one of them.
Being the owner of a 1992 ESP M-II Deluxe myself with what sounds like the exact same setup as the one you are looking at, I can definitely say that it will be an excellent guitar if its been looked after at all. Mine has a few dings and scratches and the OFR looks a little worn but it still works as good as any new OFR I have used. All the frets are in great shape and this thing has not been a case queen. If you are getting the stock ESP case with it I can also assure you that it will be a great case.

TLDR: If the owner of the guitar has taken care of the guitar AT ALL for the past 20 years then it will be fantastic. Just ask for pictures if possible.
^ +1

i mean if the dude's stored it in a dumpster in the rainforest then maybe not, but as long as it's been looked after, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Quote by BobDetroit
Dude.. ESP.

+1

especially the dude bit

as long as the esp is in half decent nick, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The guy says it's good condition and I've seen a photo of the guitar and it looks fine.

Okay I'll get the ESP!
ESP defo.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
You could get a new ESP for that price on Ebay
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
The guy above me has a point on the price. I got mine for just $500 with the hardcase. So maybe you could talk the dude down a bit. Especially if you are having to pay to get it shipped.
ESP, absolutely zero question.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.