Poll Options
View poll results: Ipod or Zune?
iPod.
24 83%
Zune.
5 17%
Voters: 29.
Let's open a can of worms: iPod touch vs Zune

I want to get a portable media player that has THE best HD audiophillic sound, plus some $400 pro headphones so I can enjoy my Trent Reznor HD like.

The ipod seems kinda conformist to me, and I don't give a crap about apps (making virtual candy and eating it?! virtually?!...)
+i hate itunes and its nazi exclusivity.

Lazy people, you can just vote.
Didn't they stop making the Zune because it sucked and nobody liked it?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
If you hate iTunes nazi exclusivity you'll probably like Zune less. You can run the ipod with 3rd party software. With Zune you're shit outta luck. You have to have the Zune software (which admittedly isn't too bad) and you have to be on a Windows based computer.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I had a Zune once. I was a terrible person back then.
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
I've never tried a zune. I like ipod. But as I've never tried Zune I have no clue.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ingames
Let's open a can of worms: iPod touch vs Zune

I want to get a portable media player that has THE best HD audiophillic sound, plus some $400 pro headphones so I can enjoy my Trent Reznor HD like.

The ipod seems kinda conformist to me, and I don't give a crap about apps (making virtual candy and eating it?! virtually?!...)
+i hate itunes and its nazi exclusivity.

Lazy people, you can just vote.

Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
ive had both the zune is way better just because you have to use their software doesnt mean you have to buy from their online store...besides cd's is what i buy the rip them on that bitch so i have back ups
Quote by Zeletros
Shouldn't you close this thread for being a VS?

It's not really a vs as in which is best lets decide, more which should I buy and be wrong either way.

Look at Cowons, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the audio quality as that is what you are after.
Quote by JackalUK
It's not really a vs as in which is best lets decide, more which should I buy and be wrong either way.

Look at Cowons, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the audio quality as that is what you are after.

"Let's open a can of worms: iPod touch vs Zune"

"iPod touch vs Zune"

"vs"

I'm not suggesting you close the thread, I'm just wondering how hypocritical the policies on this website actually are.

^ sorry I couldn't put it in a more friendly manner.

edit:

If you judge on whether the thread is "VS" based on the content of the thread, then from which point does it actually become a "VS" thread?
Last edited by Zeletros at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
"Let's open a can of worms: iPod touch vs Zune"

"iPod touch vs Zune"

"vs"

I'm not suggesting you close the thread, I'm just wondering how hypocritical the policies on this website actually are.

^ sorry I couldn't put it in a more friendly manner.

Quote by the rules
No 'versus' threads
- This means no threads like 'Which is worse: Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco' and 'Peanut butter or Jam?'. These threads nearly always incite really pointless arguments that we don't want in the Pit.

Unlike things like music and food, electronics can be compared objectively. Read the rules before you try to be cool and call them hypocritical.
Quote by lolmnt
Why do some people insist on having amazing sound quality with their portable music players? You hardly notice the difference anyway. If you want insane quality get a sound system.

And TS cares about "conformity?"
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Zunes are awesome. The best part IMO is the "add to Now Playing List" feature, so you can have it play a different song or album next without switching in the middle, or waiting for it to end.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Unlike things like music and food, electronics can be compared objectively. Read the rules before you try to be cool and call them hypocritical.

Food can be semi-objectively discussed. And the topic of the discussion is no where mentioned in the rules.
I got a Zune when they first came out, still have it and use it daily. And I love the look of the "Zune Tunes" software as I call it.
Quote by ingames

The ipod seems kinda conformist to me

I'd much much rather go for a Zune (though I use my phone for music and I never need a real mp3 player again), but if that's your reasoning for not getting one, that's just straight-up stupid.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Zeletros
Food can be semi-objectively discussed. And the topic of the discussion is no where mentioned in the rules.

No, that boils down to taste. There are actual measurable differences in electronics. Do the rules need every example for you to understand them?
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
No, that boils down to taste. There are actual measurable differences in electronics.

There are actual measurable differences in food too.
I thought Zunes were no longer being made. And I think that touch screen mp3 players are pointless, wouldn't that drain the battery much faster than if you just had a normal screen like ipod classic?
Get an Ipod. You can jailbreak 'em and they instantly become awesome

Although you can probably do this with a Zune
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Zeletros
There are actual measurable differences in food too.

Not in the way there are with electronics. You can compare things like processor speeds and capacity with electronics, food just has a different flavor.

Quote by BlackVoid
I thought Zunes were no longer being made. And I think that touch screen mp3 players are pointless, wouldn't that drain the battery much faster than if you just had a normal screen like ipod classic?

Yes, but you can do far more things with a touch screen that make it incredibly more convenient. The batteries they put in them are pretty good too, so it's not like they won't last more than a couple of hours.
Quote by lolmnt
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Not in the way there are with electronics. You can compare things like processor speeds and capacity with electronics, food just has a different flavor.

That is not true. Some people chose not to eat meat or to eat healthy, NOT because they don't like the flavor of meat or whatever junk food they actually like, but for benefits that can actually be measured.
Get the freaking Galaxy Player and be done with it.

- 4-5 inch screen > 3.5 inch screen.
- Battery life is phenomenal; mine goes several days on a single charge and I listen to it all the time, browse the internet via wifi, and play games.
- Actually has a pretty indepth EQ (with the option do download a brand new, even MORE immersive EQ if you feel the need)
- Expandable memory
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Dec 27, 2011,
I have both a Zune HD and a 4G iPod Touch.

I prefer the Zune for music just because the software is much more inclined for music than on the iPod. I've read it has better sound quality, as well. It doesn't have much in the way of apps, other than little things to keep you busy, but no real association with other services like Pandora or Spotify or anything else other than Facebook and Twitter. At this stage, I wouldn't get it though, just because of how old it is. I'm sure Cowon has some device that is worth considering because I've read that they have the best devices in terms of sound quality.

Ask me more about the Zune, if you want to know more things specific.

Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
I got a Zune when they first came out, still have it and use it daily. And I love the look of the "Zune Tunes" software as I call it.

Metro UI is great, and I'm glad Microsoft continued using it in WP7 and is going to use it in Windows 8.
Last edited by Fullmetalzawa at Dec 27, 2011,
go with the iPod ts....Windows is just getting worse and worse..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel
go with the iPod ts....Windows is just getting worse and worse..

This doesn't have to do with Windows, and no it's not
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Zeletros
That is not true. Some people chose not to eat meat or to eat healthy, NOT because they don't like the flavor of meat or whatever junk food they actually like, but for benefits that can actually be measured.

That's a different kind of topic than the examples posted in the rules. Though that probably would get closed, as the vegetarians/vegans would call everyone else immoral and the non-vegetarians/vegans would say the others are girly-men.
Quote by lolmnt