I believe the song starts off in G major. I think the chords are

G - D - Em - Em - F - C - D

If they are the correct chords then they definitately resolve on G and the F must be borrowed from the relative minor or something.

The solo is bugging me. I believe the chords are so called power chords

G5 - Bb5 - F5 - C5

That would make it a minor progression i believe. However people have been saying the solo is in G major and after listening to the backing track. I hear the G5 as a Gmajor instead.

Looking at the tab for the solo. It appears that only the G minor pentatonic scale is using and some point the G major pentatonic scale is used.
Quote by mrbabo91
I believe the song starts off in G major. I think the chords are

G - D - Em - Em - F - C - D

If they are the correct chords then they definitately resolve on G and the F must be borrowed from the relative minor or something.

The solo is bugging me. I believe the chords are so called power chords

G5 - Bb5 - F5 - C5

That would make it a minor progression i believe. However people have been saying the solo is in G major and after listening to the backing track. I hear the G5 as a Gmajor instead.

Looking at the tab for the solo. It appears that only the G minor pentatonic scale is using and some point the G major pentatonic scale is used.

No modes. None.

The key is G Major, and the F is a bVII in G (borrowed from the Parallel Minor scale).

When it gets to the solo, You're correct that it's G Minor all the way. i III IV.

Good catch!

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Dec 27, 2011,