Hey all, I just bought myself a used JS100 at my local GC. It was missing a tremolo arm and the torque adjustment cap. As stated in the title, the trem model is a Lo TRS II (I know that this is widely regarded as Ibanez's worst trem.) If anyone could help me find these parts then that would be greatly appreciated. I did find this ad . However, the specifications say that this would fit the '99-'02 models, but mine is a '95.
Again, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Skullivan
check out ibanezrules.com

he can sort you out with any parts and really is the best and only option

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
check out ibanezrules.com

he can sort you out with any parts and really is the best and only option

That's what I was forgetting in the post! Sorry, I've already checked for the parts on there, I got the bar item number, but could not find the arm torque adjustment cap. But thanks anyway.
email rich.

he will sort you out mate.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If its their worst trem it sounds like it would be worth it to put a different one on, something a lot nicer
Quote by Tom 1.0
email rich.

he will sort you out mate.

Okay, if you insist
Quote by sar8777
If its their worst trem it sounds like it would be worth it to put a different one on, something a lot nicer

Well I'm not good on cash right now (since I just bought the guitar) so I'd like to fix my problem at hand before anything drastic like a complete trem swap.
Last edited by Skullivan at Dec 27, 2011,
well no offence, but its either that or asking ibanez directly, who wont help you out anyway as your not a registered distributor.

been there done that.

Rich is basically your only option unless you buy a whole new trem

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
well no offence, but its either that or asking ibanez directly, who wont help you out anyway as your not a registered distributor.

been there done that.

Rich is basically your only option unless you buy a whole new trem

roll your eyes, but thats the truth.

Oh, that wasn't meant to be rolleyes, it was supposed to be , sorry, now I feel pretty embarassed.
Gotoh 1996 is a direct drop in replacement with no modifications other than drilling the post holes out a little bigger. I'd save up for that instead of buying parts for a junk trem. If you really want parts for that trem I may have the whole unit I can sell you cheaply. I removed one from a guitar and put a Gotoh 1996 in it instead. I'm pretty sure the owner still has the original trem and I can probably talk him into selling it cheap. The knife edges are shot on it but the other parts are in working order.
I have the Lo-TRS II in my RG. I haven't experienced anything about it that makes it so hated here. My RG was build in 2001, and it was abused the hell out of when I got it - the trem still being durable and sturdy.

Anyway, I just bought a generic trem off ebay that has the screw on part. The dimensions are a little off (as far as the bar actually sticking out away from the guitar), but it works perfectly fine.

I basically bought something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-Arm-Threaded-collar-Type-/220919863014?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item336fd996e6
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X