So went into a local pawn shop looking for some rifles going for cheap prices, walked over to the music section which is usually over populated by dirty, old off brand crap guitars but I always glance because you never know what you will find. Well just so happens a les paul-ish style guitar that looked pretty sexy caught my eye. It was this:

Of course it was a little dusty and in need of strings/setting up, but the price on it was $140 dollars! I HAD to spring on it after playing it and making sure all the electronics were working properly and generally inspecting the instrument.

Took it home, put a set of new strings on it and cleaned it and it plays great!
My first thoughts of this guitar was its look was more towards a metal player. I have nothing against metal or what have you, I'm just more of a Thrice/O'brother type of guy. I was worried the pickups would need replacing as the solid state I tried it out on was junk and I couldn't make a for sure judgement till I tried it on my rig. Well, after testing it with my gigging stuff, I have to say all doubts were laid to rest about this guitar. It sound warm and full and feels like a good addition to my Strat and SG guitar family. The coil tapping makes it more versatile and I LOVE versatile gear.

Overall, for 150 bones, this is the best guitar I've ever got for that price!
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
So what is it exactly?
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
when i saw Motorhead, every bass kick shook the place

when they played Overkill at the end i nearly involuntarily shat myself
Sorry I forgot to mention! It's a Micheal Kelly Patriot. : D
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
Awesome. I love me a Paul-esqe guitar!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
So went into a local pawn shop looking for some rifles going for cheap prices, walked over to the music section which is usually over populated by dirty, old off brand crap guitars but I always glance because you never know what you will find. Well just so happens a les paul-ish style guitar that looked pretty sexy caught my eye. It was this:

i have better luck with rifles around here than guitars in pawn shops. most guitars in pawn shops around here sell beat up lower end stuff. they don't price all that well, i am good at talking them down. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yea I was hoping to score an AK/SKS type assault rifle but all they had was an M-14 for a grand and various pistols that weren't going for much better than new prices. There was a nice Beretta 9mm though I wish I could have got
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Yea I was hoping to score an AK/SKS type assault rifle but all they had was an M-14 for a grand and various pistols that weren't going for much better than new prices. There was a nice Beretta 9mm though I wish I could have got

i have an AK and an AR. they are hell of a lot of fun fun and hella expensive to shoot too, doesn't take long to shoot off a few hundred rounds. i have a 44 mag that i am borrowing from my grandpa. i have a few 22's from when i was growing up. i also own a Glock 10mm. fun, but again expensive to shoot.

i am really rational with money, so its like everytime i go to the range, it costs $10 to get in if you are purchasing at least some amo from them, $20 if you dont buy any of thiers. their bullets are obviously way over priced, but its still better than paying $20 to get in. but everytime i go i want to grab the ak, and i think to myself, shoot off a few hundred rounds or buy ______ (insert piece of gear here). lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah I have a 1911 and a 12 gauge but I live in a rural area where you just gotta go out in the woods to shoot for free! haha
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
Nice score, goofed around for a while with a Patriot ealier this year. Had a nice Paul-esque feel.

On the gun subject, I just got and arsenal refurb Mosin Nagant and an all original K98 for christmas Both 1942's with all numbers matching!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I always thought Michael Kelly only made high end guitars Either way, you can't go wrong with a good player for less than $200!

Also on the gun topic, I got to shoot my uncle's Barrett .50 cal yesterday when I was visiting for the holidays. I only shot it at 100 yards, but that thing is such a beast. The semi-auto action reduces the kick a surprising amount, but you can just feel the massive concussion when you fire it. The bullets are massive (I think around 650 gr )
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
They do make highend stuff, I just got an insanely good deal thanks to the ill informed business
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
Hey, where you at in Illinois? If youre close to the MO line, there's a couple nice SKS's right across the river.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
Hey, where you at in Illinois? If youre close to the MO line, there's a couple nice SKS's right across the river.

Very close. How much do they generally run over there?
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
Should have talked them down to $110 :p

"I gotta get the action set up and this pot is scratchy ets"

Either way I'm just nit picking. Fine axe sir, HNGD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Very close. How much do they generally run over there?

Round 300-400 for a nice one. They had a couple SKS's in Shooters yesterday for about 350, then Rearmms down here in Sikeston has a nice original condition for 300, and a couple AK's. Shooter's also just got a lotta milsurp ammo for cheap too, picked up 5 boxes of 7.62x54r for 5 bucks a box and 5 boxes of 8mm Mauser on stripper clips for 6 bucks a box. They had some 7.62x39 for an AK or SKS too for cheap.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75