Page 3 of 215
Quote by flyingmarlin
I adore driving on that track, It seems that I'm able to hold on to a lot of speed on that track and once I get into a rhythm the sector times drop again and again.

IMO the most fun track from the game.

Yep, I just won a race there in my FI by 16 sec. Drove on slow fuel the whole time as well.
Quote by sam b
OP is pretty sucky :dancey:

Yea that's why I'll make some pretty pictures and then KTFM can admit his is terrible.

Right KTFM >.>

Right <.<

Also nice one Rancid enjoy that!

oh yeah and happy new year everyone, hope you had fun last night
I don't find the OP that bad.

>.>
<.<

Nah but seriously, it isn't really that bad, maybe add a few pics and some links and it'll be alright.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by PeZ546
Only a couple of weeks or so until the first of the new cars are revealed. Exciting!

Probably no changes in liveries , but it will great to see if there are some radical designs.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Monisha Kaltenborn said on 5live in a practice session this past year that Sauber might change their livery.

Kinda liked it
Me too. I really enjoyed the Sauber livery... it was simple but effective.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius

Probably no changes in liveries , but it will great to see if there are some radical designs.

Apparently, the new Ferrari is expected to be 'more aggressive'. I guess that means they'll just copy RBR in a less-subtle way.
I hope McLaren change their livery. The silver and red is getting sososososo boring.
hello
Quote by opc100
I hope McLaren change their livery. The silver and red is getting sososososo boring.

Red and Black would be sweet if they get the colours right.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Don is right Ferrari have said for the last 3 seasons that their new car is "more aggressive". It never is. After the first few races they'll probably admit that they were too reserved, but have updates and Alonso will claim he has still won the championship. Then with about 6 races to go they will claim to be concentrating on next years car.

I hope I'm wrong.

Also with McLaren remember last year? The teaser with their red n black overalls and we all got excited over the possibility of a new overall? Never happened. I fear the same will happen this year. The silver and red scheme is a brand and F1 is all about brand recognition.

Sauber could get rebranded though, as clean as their current livery is, it's pretty forgettable for your casual F1 viewer.

Personally I think Renault had the most distinctive and memorable of recent times, just not much screen time.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Simsimius

How could they get them wrong? Get red mixed up with blue or something?
hello
Quote by opc100
How could they get them wrong? Get red mixed up with blue or something?

Found this as an interesting example of a red n black livery

I preferred the Renault 2010 livery to the one they have now. Black and red McLaren would be swag.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
I preferred the Renault 2010 livery to the one they have now. Black and red McLaren would be swag.

that's the one I meant sorry

Quote by Cal UK

I was quite a fan of Renault's blue livery circa Alonso WDC.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Jan 1, 2012,
Quote by Simsimius

Yes, it would.
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by flyingmarlin
I was quite a fan of Renault's blue livery circa Alonso WDC.

Those and their 2010 liverie were great. Their current ones are awful though, the old JPS liveries were amazeballs but tey've ruined it.
Quote by PeZ546
Only a couple of weeks or so until the first of the new cars are revealed. Exciting!

Do you have any dates?
Quote by Blayney
divid3d/boxy are seasoned pro's at purchasing.

Late to the party, been away for the last few days for Christmas, New Years, and dealing with my beloved Skyline GTR being written off in a hail storm on Christmas Day.

Melbourne GP, we go through the normal Aussie website - www.grandprix.com.au

Singapore GP, went through the official Singapore GP website, www.singaporegp.com.sg

Japan GP, I went through the tickets shop at www.formula1.com

Make sure you confirm the details of how you are to acquire the tickets. No big deal if you're a local, cos they can be posted out to you but if you're in a foreign country its best to familiarise yourself with the process. Singapore was easy, they had them held at a specific hotel near the track.

Getting the information about my tickets from Japan was a joke, mainly due to the incompetence of an outsourced travel help desk in the UK that are supposed to handle enquiries about race tickets. I would e-mail them and get told various answers by different people, 'you'll pick the tickets up from the track', then 'the tickets will be posted out to you', then 'you'll pick the tickets up from the track' - and with no instructions on how thats done (even when I specifically asked), and no indiciation of when the tickets would be delivered.

After some rather frustrated e-mails sent from me to them, I called the international number and spoke to a very helpful Austrian who told me the tickets are to be collected at the track at the ticket booth at Suzuka, and to bring the confirmation print out. He also provided me with a map of Suzuka, the timetables, and travel information from how to get there from Nagoya where I was staying. Got to Suzuka and there was the Formula1.com ticket booth specifically set up for web ticket purchases, just like the friendly Austrian said.

Thats my mad story. If you have an on track pick up, you'll more than likely have to print out the confirmation e-mail and take it with you, as well as ID. If you buy tickets through formula1.com and have questions, dont e-mail the useless UK help desk, ring the friendly Austrian.

In unrelated news, I've used some of my contacts in the media industry to write a trial article for our main newspaper in Melbourne (The Age) as a '2012 Australian Grand Prix preview', and comparing it to my time in Singapore and Japan. Hopefully it gets published in the race lift out or I get asked to write something similar!
Last edited by Boxhead at Jan 1, 2012,
Quote by Boxhead

In unrelated news, I've used some of my contacts in the media industry to write a trial article for our main newspaper in Melbourne (The Age) as a '2012 Australian Grand Prix preview', and comparing it to my time in Singapore and Japan. Hopefully it gets published in the race lift out or I get asked to write something similar!

That's awesome! I hope my media industry connections can amount to something cool like that. I've written a few articles for the Adelaide baseball team (who are playing in Melbourne this weekend, you should totally go and see them beat the Aces!) and they've been published online (Shameless self-promotion), but nothing to do with print media, especially something as big as The Age! Might have to submit my resume/portfolio to the Advertiser to see if anything can come of it...

But yes, Formula 1 talk and all that.
Really?

The Williams' had the names on the rear wing last year.. That's pretty much the same

EDIT: Wait. Or did they. Was it "Venezuala" I saw

..'the hell? So confused
I thought they brought a rule so both cars had to have identical liveries last year.. Because HRT stopped it, I might just be making this rule up myself so i'll go and check.
Maldonado:

Rubens:

I was always just under the impression (without ever seeing Rubens' car) Maldonado had "Venezuala" and Rubens had "Brazil" on the back

Guess you're probably right then
There's no rule, it's just that no head of business operations is gonna allow an inch of their car to go uncovered in sponsors. Especially with a name that would take up big space, even 'Kimi' and 'David'.
I actually quite liked the old West livery. I think the black and white was a lot nicer than what they have now anyway.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Quote by Boxhead

That is awesome dude! Good luck getting it published!
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by hawk5211
Inevitably the shot of Maldonado is of him having piled it into the gravel.

What a useless twat

from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by hawk5211
Inevitably the shot of Maldonado is of him having piled it into the gravel.

What a useless twat

He should not have lasted the season. The only good thing he did was not crash on his own at Monaco. And that is not enough for a seat in F1 as far as I am concerned:

Sutil and Algersuari for Williams in 2012 (i know it can't happen but I can dream)!
Anybody following the Dakar rally?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb