i'm on a tight budget and from what i can tell Squier by Fender Affinity Telecaster seems to be a pretty quality guitar for the price? does anyone have any input on this?
should be fine for a first electric,

however I'd recommend going second hand, you can get a lot more bang for your buck. and if you want to sell it latter on there is far less depreciation.
---
^This.
Cool guitar but you could get a used Squire Classic Vibe Telecaster for the same price and its going to sound and play better.
I found several examples of Made In Mexico tele's on ebay for around $150...
But yes, that's a very legitimate question.

My suggestions:
A used MIM tele on ebay
A used CV (on ebay, maybe?) -I've heard a lot of good comments on Classic Vibes
A new Fender Infinity

Take a look at what you can afford and review these options.

Good luck!
and let us know what you get
Mean People Suck.
I'm seriously thinking about getting another tele...
I keep finding these MIM's at great prices.

One of these days I'm not going to pass the info on, I'm going to snag it for myself.

I love my American, but Mexican tele's just have something about them.
Mean People Suck.
thanks for the input guys- I've also been recommended this.
http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Electric-Guitar-White/dp/B000GBZ2F6/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1325034066&sr=1-4
also a viable option?
i guess i should also mention that im looking for a guitar that will be pretty versatile so i can figure out what type of music i like playing best.
Last edited by Goosage at Dec 27, 2011,
Don't get a special II, just don't that guitar is sinnable IMHO.

A used MIM tele/strat will do you for a lot of genres and give you a comfortable instrument to play on really, unless your playing like Djent after day 1 you won't really have to worry about getting a humbucker guitar or a 'versatile' instrument because your fingers and ears will decide if the guitar is right for you, and having an ear for tone takes time. I'd say a MIM strat with a bridge humbucker would work fine, finding one used won't be radically hard to do as they are all over the internet as well. But just make sure you get a guitar which will last you for a fair while and that it plays nice
cant lose with rondomusic.com get a agile al200 for $169
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Glenn Guitar
Don't get a special II, just don't that guitar is sinnable IMHO.

A used MIM tele/strat will do you for a lot of genres and give you a comfortable instrument to play on really, unless your playing like Djent after day 1 you won't really have to worry about getting a humbucker guitar or a 'versatile' instrument because your fingers and ears will decide if the guitar is right for you, and having an ear for tone takes time. I'd say a MIM strat with a bridge humbucker would work fine, finding one used won't be radically hard to do as they are all over the internet as well. But just make sure you get a guitar which will last you for a fair while and that it plays nice

can you elaborate on that first sentence?
Quote by Goosage

In case he doesn't repsond.

The guitar is cheaply made, laminated body, and quality control on those guitars is horrendous.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Yeah, don't get the Special II, the Tele is way superior. Trust me, I own one and my friend's got the Squier Tele.
If you're buying new, then the Squier is a good first guitar, but yeah, you could get much more bang for your buck if you go used.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by Goosage

Yea sorry i had to go sleep

Epi special II's are the biggest waste of wood i've ever played. My drummer had one and it played TERRIBLE. This isn't just me being a gear snob, them guitars are just valueless and have nothing going for them at all. They sound terrible too.
I have 3 guitars from Rondo, 2 of them being an SX Strat and and SX Tele, and the third being an Agile Dauntless(basically an AL2000 but with EMGs)

I highly recommend them.

I got this guitar for $50 new. They're fairly well made, and I love how it looks aside from the headstock but that isn't an issue. Here's a demo of the guitar through Podfarm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7MBO4Bs3w

For the price you can't go wrong.