A little background information before I start: I've been playing for about 2.5 years and I am in the process of getting a band together with my friends. I play a mixture of funk/garage/rock and recently I have just not been able to put out anything creatively when me and my friends jam or when I practice. I find myself constantly playing random licks out of the minor pentatonic scale or stuff that I have already come up with, and I feel like I'm going nowhere when I practice and I am getting really burned out on playing. What should I do to change things up?
Learn more theory - chord theory, more scales.
Also practice technique - learn to shred and tap. Even if you don't wanna play metal it'll immensely help your songwriting coz you'll be able to come up with, and play way more advanced stuff. Even if you start it as a metal lick and then "transcribe" it to a funk lick it'll work.
Quote by Chandleezy
I find myself constantly playing random licks out of the minor pentatonic scale

Answered your own question there. As the chap above said, learn more theory.
Specifically I'd say learn the modes and pitch axis theory, it can be a bit of a swine to get your head around at first but once you "get it" it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. It'll help you construct new chords for yourself and enable you to give your solo's different texture's/moods.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I'm in somewhat the same boat. I started playing almost two decades ago, though I haven't really touched a guitar in two years. I never practiced or studied music. It would have helped. I'm actually in the process now of learning the guitar, no just playing a few chords/songs.
Quote by Chandleezy
A little background information before I start: I've been playing for about 2.5 years and I am in the process of getting a band together with my friends. I play a mixture of funk/garage/rock and recently I have just not been able to put out anything creatively when me and my friends jam or when I practice. I find myself constantly playing random licks out of the minor pentatonic scale or stuff that I have already come up with, and I feel like I'm going nowhere when I practice and I am getting really burned out on playing. What should I do to change things up?

Stop playing and start listening. You're getting the same old stuff because you're just letting your fingers run over patterns you know without thinking about what you're doing.

It can be very hard to do this so you might want to learn some new theory or listen to and try to transcribe something completely out of your normal comfort zone.

More than anything else: listen to yourself, if you find yourself going back to your old clichés then stop and do something about it. It's as simple and yet as complicated as "just don't do that".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.