Hello everyone!
Everyday on youtube I see monster players, they can really kick asses...
Now, I just wonder HOW in the world you can have a tone like this, watch from 1:04 to 1:25:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx1CJ_loq0A

This tone blows me away. I can't even hear the pick sound, it's like a KEYBOARD not a distorted guitar! (And I think the gain is high here...)
I mean, SURE he can play like a demon, BUT I think that tone is not only his fingers, it's also his rig and the mix.

What do you think?
Sounds awful.

That tone however is down to technique. Tremelo and Sweep picking mainly.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
To me, it sounds like he's layered a keyboard ontop and completely turned down the guitar at the 1:04/1:05 section. No way can a gainy guitar sound that smooth and have NO pick attack while picking.

Can it?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Armhan

This tone blows me away. I can't even hear the pick sound, it's like a KEYBOARD not a distorted guitar!

You said it. It doesnt sound like a guitar, it sounds like a keyboard or..MIDI or guitar pro. Yes, its fake. He played one note at a time and then edited them all together to sound like a sweep or a fast run. Thats why the "pick" attack is PERFECT and why it sounds SO ****IN FAKE (or weird).
Here you go TS
http://www.shredguitareric.com/
He lists his gear on one of the top links.

Thanks, but this doesn't explain very much... it's just his guitar, the interface and some very generic guitarRig settings

Anyway, of course he mixes and post-produce his tracks, but I don't think it's fake, he uploaded many videos and you can see he's a monster player. I just don't know how much the sound is edited, or if is just his technique + massive post-production, or none of the above
Last edited by Armhan at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by Armhan
Thanks, but this doesn't explain very much... it's just his guitar, the interface and some very generic guitarRig settings

Anyway, of course he mixes and post-produce his tracks, but I don't think it's fake, he uploaded many videos and you can see he's a monster player. I just don't know how much the sound is edited, or if is just his technique + massive post-production, or none of the above

I'm sorry but any more than that and this becomes a settings thread.
technique.

he has a very clean and fluid style.

thats all.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb