Poll: Egnater Vengeance or Jet City JCA100HDM?
Poll Options
View poll results: Egnater Vengeance or Jet City JCA100HDM?
Stick with the Jet City JCA100HDM
11 42%
Switch to the Egnater Vengeance
15 58%
Voters: 26.
Since the Jet City I ordered STILL hasn't come in, I've been looking into some other amps, and I can get a pretty good deal on an Egnater Vengeance. Should I cancel my Jet City order (JCA100HDM) and order the Vengeance? I'm kinda interested in which one honestly fits my style better. Here are some artists that I often play and that I would want my amp to be able to pull off:

Lamb of God
Metallica
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Anthrax
Slayer
Machine Head
Children of Bodom
Guns N Roses
Avenged Sevenfold
Motley Crue
Megadeth
Deep Purple
Joe Walsh
AC/DC
Rush
Dream Theater
Rob Zombie
Black Label Society
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Pantera
Prong
Sepultura
Lazarus A.D.
Priestess
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Bullet for my Valentine
Velvet Revolver
ZZ Top
Green Day
Social Distortion
Bowling for Soup
Rancid
Jet
Five Finger Death Punch
Korn
Godsmack
Porcupine Tree

My number one concern is good distortion along the lines of Groove/Thrash Metal, because that's what my band mostly plays at this point, although I still want good cleans, a good blues tone, and good crunch.

Which amp do you think would fit better?
just looking at the specs of the Egnater, I'd go for it over the JCA.
The egnater has the same #'s and types of tubes as the 6505+, which is very good for lots of those listed bands.
I'm sure the Egnater will be better unboosted and boosted for the heavier of those styles and the most egnaters clean up very well from my experience.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Through an overdrive in your chain and you should have no difficulties with a thrash tone.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I'd say get the Vengeance assuming you can get it for a good deal. I think it will cover the range of tones you want better.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i'd say get the amp you can actually get now.

you should have a 30 day return/exchange period so you can test it with your rig and if you don't think it fits the bill then you can return/exchange it and get the jet city.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Blktiger0
Since the Jet City I ordered STILL hasn't come in, I've been looking into some other amps, and I can get a pretty good deal on an Egnater Vengeance. Should I cancel my Jet City order (JCA100HDM) and order the Vengeance? I'm kinda interested in which one honestly fits my style better. Here are some artists that I often play and that I would want my amp to be able to pull off:

Which amp do you think would fit better?

i have tried neither so i can't really weigh in directly, but i have owned two of each brand.

first off i was wating for a jet city for like 6 months when they supposedly had a shipment coming this week, MF kept pushing the date back over and over and over.

Jet city feels lower quality to me than egnater. i have had a JCA2112RC and a JCA50h, i didn't take a liking to either one. they didn't last a few days. as far as egnater goes, i had the renegade for quite a while, and the tweaker for six months. they are very nice feeling amps. the Renegade was awesome as far as switching abilities, the tube blending is cool, running different wattages switchable between channels, pedal friendly, killer amp. the more i am typing the more i want to pick another one up... lol. the tweaker was cool, but i didn't need it at the time, i traded it for the JCA50 that i posted about above.

again from not playing any of those two amps, i would feel more that Egnaters were better built and sounding. thats just my opinion from my experience.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by larson8er
just looking at the specs of the Egnater, I'd go for it over the JCA.
The egnater has the same #'s and types of tubes as the 6505+, which is very good for lots of those listed bands.
I'm sure the Egnater will be better unboosted and boosted for the heavier of those styles and the most egnaters clean up very well from my experience.

i am sorry to say this is that this is just stupid. just because it has of "x" tubes really doen't mean anything they can be used in different and better/worse ways, it goes on an amp by amp bassis. i could probably find you 10 amps that have the same number of tubes, and all would sound very different.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am sorry to say this is that this is just stupid. just because it has of "x" tubes really doen't mean anything they can be used in different and better/worse ways, it goes on an amp by amp bassis. i could probably find you 10 amps that have the same number of tubes, and all would sound very different.

**** yeah it does. 5 gain stages in teh preamp?

Oh hey. Look at that.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Oh hey. Look at that.

yes, but not all tubes are used as gain stages. a decent amount of amps have a tube buffered effects loop and/or tube driven reverb. there goes two gain stages. also one tube is the phase invertor.

?are you saying 5 gain stages because there are five preamp tubes, knowing one is the PI. 12ax7's are dual triode anyway, there you go, 10 gain stages? is that what you are thinking?

i am not going to bother to look up schematics.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Dec 28, 2011,
AS it turns out, after I cancelled the order and tried to place the order for the Vengeance, it is apparently not applicable for payments. They had a scratch and dent that also applied for a rebate, but apparently not payments. Oh well. Maybe I will just get the 100h. I have a 10-Band EQ that could replace the depth knob, but I really don't like the visual appeal of the 100h. That baffle just plain looks terrible. Plus the 100/50w switch would be nice. I'll give them another week, I suppose, before I decide.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Oh hey. Look at that.

oh hey look at this! its even a jet city.

2112RC (JCA20 with reverb) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jet-city-amplification-jca2112rc-20w-tube-guitar-combo-amp
and it has 5 12ax7's.

JCA20H http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jet-city-amplification-jca20h-20w-tube-guitar-amp-head/583597000702000
and this has 3 12AX7's.

so i guess if you are using the logic i am thinking you are using, holy shit! two more gain stages (actually could be four, 12ax7's are dual triode).

but two of the 12ax7's in the combo are to drive the reverb.

saying that number of tubes is not a way to just assume how many gain stages it has, if you want to know, read schematics or email the manufacturer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yes, but not all tubes are used as gain stages. a decent amount of amps have a tube buffered effects loop and/or tube driven reverb. there goes two gain stages. also one tube is the phase invertor.

?are you saying 5 gain stages because there are five preamp tubes, knowing one is the PI. 12ax7's are dual triode anyway, there you go, 10 gain stages? is that what you are thinking?

i am not going to bother to look up schematics.

No, not at all, and thanks for correcting me on that. You can have tube phase inverters and effects loop buffers and hell even one just to hang around and glow all pretty like.

Just trying to say that if you have 4 gain stages in the preamp, it sure as hell isn't a Bassman.

You where kinda harsh on me about that soz bro
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
No, not at all, and thanks for correcting me on that. You can have tube phase inverters and effects loop buffers and hell even one just to hang around and glow all pretty like.

Just trying to say that if you have 4 gain stages in the preamp, it sure as hell isn't a Bassman.

You where kinda harsh on me about that soz bro

i was kind of harsh, but i don't like people spreading incorrect information. just know what you are talking about and there is no problem.

"also your *** yea it does". response was one of the things that pissed me off in the first place.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Dec 28, 2011,
If it is not too late - get the Vengeance. I've only played the JCA20 but honestly it didn't do that much for me. The Egnaters on the other hand blow me over. All of them. The Renegade, the Tweaker, the new Vengeance, etc.

Here is a short clippy of me playing the Vengeance in the loud room at GC. I didn't spend too much time dialing in any mid gain tones but the cleans and high gain were fantastic.

http://s545.photobucket.com/albums/hh384/buckethead_311/Amp%20stuff/?action=view&current=1a196a75.mp4