I love my M13, but this thing is a pain in the ass for live shows. I want to get a multi-effects pedal that will allow me to switch over entire chains in the press of one button. I've been told that a MIDI Controller will do the trick, but research shows that the Line 6 M13 doesn't have the proper capabilities.

So, what units would you suggest? $400-$600 range.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
The boss ME-70 is a great multi effects pedal. the stompbox style setup allows you to easily save patches, and is great for live shows.
If you are going the multi effects route I would say the GT-10 would do the trick. As a sidenote though I would recommend going the stomp box route.
Go analogue. It is the only way to go.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
The line 6 m13 is nice! It doesn't have an expression pedal like the boss gt10, but it gives a much more organic sound to your amp because of it being true bypass. Each one is worth a try though!
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by TheWall79
The boss ME-70 is a great multi effects pedal. the stompbox style setup allows you to easily save patches, and is great for live shows.

I personally hate the ME-70. Please don't buy it.
Have you looked at using Latch mode with your M13? And AFAIK you should be able to work something out with (some kind of) MIDI controller too.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Are you more interested in just effects or the preamps?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
THIS IS MY PEDAL BOARD I HAVE NOW so you guys can see what I'm dealing with.

I'm not a fan of the Boss multi-effects, they all sound kind of sterile to me. I also really dislike the DigiTech RP's, I had one when I was younger and they sound awful to me.

Quote by Most_Triumphant
Go analogue. It is the only way to go.

Dumb.

Quote by nivlarama
The line 6 m13 is nice! It doesn't have an expression pedal like the boss gt10, but it gives a much more organic sound to your amp because of it being true bypass. Each one is worth a try though!

I have the M13, and I absolutely love the sounds. I just want an easier method of switching multiple effects at once, as I make need to make big jumps in sound at a moments notice.

Quote by Malice26
Line 6 POD HD500 is as nice as they come.

I was super interested in this, but is there away to take off the amp simulations? I love the way the patches are set up on the HD500 though.

Quote by souperman08
Have you looked at using Latch mode with your M13? And AFAIK you should be able to work something out with (some kind of) MIDI controller too.

No I haven't heard of the latch mode. I've been told MIDI controllers are supposed to work, but I also read the MIDI input DOESN'T work for the M13. Line 6 doesn't make a controller that is compatible (they only have Ethernet connection footpedals).

Quote by Kyleisthename
Are you more interested in just effects or the preamps?

I just want effects.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63

I have the M13, and I absolutely love the sounds. I just want an easier method of switching multiple effects at once, as I make need to make big jumps in sound at a moments notice.
No I haven't heard of the latch mode. I've been told MIDI controllers are supposed to work, but I also read the MIDI input DOESN'T work for the M13. Line 6 doesn't make a controller that is compatible (they only have Ethernet connection footpedals).

I'm trying to find more info on it, but in general I would say look into Latch Scene mode. I think it can do what you're looking for. Is the stuff you're finding say that MIDI input doesn't work just for the M13? I've seen stuff for MIDI controllers for the M9, like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fhJYiMxygo
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by fly135
Get an HD500 and turn off the amp models. Problem solved.

So you can turn off the amp models? Great. Thanks!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by DiveRightIn63
Dumb.
Not so dumb as you may think. It's why after all these years I still have my trusty old Roland GP-8.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Not so dumb as you may think. It's why after all these years I still have my trusty old Roland GP-8.

Yeah, but the dude offered no real suggestions whatsoever, just an annoying "go analog!!!" response. Nothing against analog gear.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

The other guys have it right, look into latch mode. It lets you change scenes with one press, should do what you're looking for.
Oh shit. Just looked at the Latch mode for the M13, looks like it's just what I need. Thanks to everyone who mentioned it!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...