Hi everyone. I was given a scan of The Beatles: Complete Scores in PDF format. I have been trying to import some of the PDF's into Sibelius but it is having trouble reading them because the scans have bleed from the back of the page. Is there a way to clean up the PDF files so there isn't as much bleed?
Quote by Deadlock Riff
do you mean bleed as in the score was photocopied/scanned?

Yes. The PDF is a scan of the actual book which has print on both sides of the pages. When it was scanned there is bleed from the back of the page showing up and Sibelius won't read the PDF's because of that. I am trying to figure out a way to take out as much of the bleed as possible
In that case the best you can do is edit the page manually by opening it in paint or something similar. Or you can try filtering everything below a certain darkness level to be white so you just have the black notes and such.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
In that case the best you can do is edit the page manually by opening it in paint or something similar. Or you can try filtering everything below a certain darkness level to be white so you just have the black notes and such.

Is there a way to do that in adobe acrobat?
Quote by vjferrara
Is there a way to do that in adobe acrobat?

Quite honestly, i have no idea.

I haven't done photoediting in a long time.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Sibelius is one of the bitchiest programs I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. It seems to arbitrarily decide to not let me do certain things every few hours. I stopped using it after a couple of days. Just had to get that off my chest.

Anyway, the only way I can think of is to meticulously photoshop each individual page, print it out, and scan it again, saving it as a PDF.
If possible, you should try to have the person scan them again, but put a piece of paper or something under it so the other notes don't show through. If all else fails, can't you just manually put the notes in (time consuming, but effective)?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10