Well I got a Kingston electric guitar yesterday. It needs some work done on it though. A tremolo spring is missing from the back when I open it, and a bridge part is missing from the front. Also the tuning pegs are loose. Are guitar repair shops expensive? And will guitar center do a good job if I went to fix it there?
( the guitar was a Christmas gift/offering!
Best thing u can do is start searching online fire info on setups. Tighten down the loose parts without stripping screws. Learn how to do the work yourself and save the cash for new gear!
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
"for" info, don't set fire to it just yet.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Whatever you do, do not go to GC.

Also as i said before, pics would be useful. Im not sure what youre describing with the bridge.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Well, now that this is in the proper forum, I'll help.

The tuning peg is easy. There's a hex nut on the top of the headstock that holds it in place. All you have to do is tighten that and the issue should be solved.

The tremolo spring is on the manufacturer. If you bought the guitar new, call the manufacturer and they'll ship you a new one. If not, new trem springs are only like $5 for a pack.

For the bridge issue, I'd have to see a picture.

Different shops charge different things. Repairs at Guitar Center could run you between $40 and $60 bucks, depending on what you do. I work in a guitar shop connected to Best Buy, and we do repairs for $40. A lot of local shops will vary in price, it's a good idea to call ahead of time.

Try and get us a picture, that will help us out greatly with figuring out your bridge issue.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Also, GC is essentially an Office Max with gtrs...if u need work done find a local private shop or an independent luthier. Your money will go much further and you'll enjoy a higher quality repair job in most cases. Ask around and check the yellow pages.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Be wary with opinions on Guitar Center. Every Guitar Center is different, and each one completely depends on the quality of their staff, not their store name.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by dkunick
"for" info, don't set fire to it just yet.

thanks! but I'm a beginner at guitar, I don't want to ruin what could be broken apart even more!
Quote by dkunick
Also, GC is essentially an Office Max with gtrs...if u need work done find a local private shop or an independent luthier. Your money will go much further and you'll enjoy a higher quality repair job in most cases. Ask around and check the yellow pages.

The GC near me (next to an Office Max, oddly enough) has always been good to me. The staff there is really good. However, the other Guitar Center that I can get to almost as easily is just completely horrendous.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Be wary of people who contradict valid opinions on Guitar Center.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Quote by JustRooster
Well, now that this is in the proper forum, I'll help.

The tuning peg is easy. There's a hex nut on the top of the headstock that holds it in place. All you have to do is tighten that and the issue should be solved.

The tremolo spring is on the manufacturer. If you bought the guitar new, call the manufacturer and they'll ship you a new one. If not, new trem springs are only like $5 for a pack.

For the bridge issue, I'd have to see a picture.

Different shops charge different things. Repairs at Guitar Center could run you between $40 and $60 bucks, depending on what you do. I work in a guitar shop connected to Best Buy, and we do repairs for $40. A lot of local shops will vary in price, it's a good idea to call ahead of time.

Try and get us a picture, that will help us out greatly with figuring out your bridge issue.

well this is the missing bridge piece, and missing tremolo spring
Attachments:
bridgepiecemissing1.jpg
tremolomissing1.jpg
That's probably enough springs actually. Most Strat style trems usually have three unless you're using really high gauge strings. As for the saddle (missing bridge piece), yeah, you'll need to replace that.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
You don't need 5 springs, 4 is plenty

And that missing bridge piece is called a saddle, you'll probably have to buy a pack of 6.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Reisgar42
That's probably enough springs actually. Most Strat style trems usually have three unless you're using really high gauge strings. As for the saddle (missing bridge piece), yeah, you'll need to replace that.

well the guitar is a Kingston, I'm guessing its not so popular anymore since I google-d it lol and how do I replace a saddle? And I also thought I needed another spring because of the missing saddle :/
you should be able to find the saddle no problem and don't bother with the 4th spring, if it ever was there it was probably removed for a reason.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
No, the springs should be fine, you may even have too many. For the saddle, google 'kingston guitar saddle' or even check ebay, replacing them is pretty straightforward, you take the screw out of the end and then put it back through the bridge. Try to visualize how you'd take the remaining ones off, and then do the opposite of that.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by Reisgar42
No, the springs should be fine, you may even have too many. For the saddle, google 'kingston guitar saddle' or even check ebay, replacing them is pretty straightforward, you take the screw out of the end and then put it back through the bridge. Try to visualize how you'd take the remaining ones off, and then do the opposite of that.

oh cool thanks
thanks everyone xD
Quote by Rawwrrx3
oh cool thanks
thanks everyone xD

oh um also my tuning pegs needs to be tightened and its missing a few parts!
Attachments:
tuningpegs1.jpg
saddles if not found easily on ebay could probably be found from guitarfetish.com or even all parts. you will just need to know if its standard or metric.

the springs are fine the way they are. you use different amount of springs to compensate for differences. and example, if you put 12's on a strat, you will need 5 springs, and that may not always be enough, and you may need to screw the anchor in.

saddles $<15
springs are fine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/