So this looks like a new model of the orginal (shitty) MG. So I'm wondering if it is, and if it is what's new about it? Thank you guys

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...uitar-combo-amp
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
it has a slightly better looking yet cheaper outer skin.

it appeals to the fast and stupid crowd.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
if its carbon as carbon fiber weave pattern, there is one more way an MG would suck, if you break the damn thing you will get carbon fiber slivers in your hands. which are by far the worst, just like fiberglass slivers. LOL

i am sure its not real carbon fiber lol, but i am sure its terrible.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Darkdevil725
says page no longer exist.
In this case I think that might be a good thing.
so marshall didn't upgrade it at all? I have really lost respect for them.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Don't get it man I made the mistake of buying a normal MG and it ain't great, the distortion on it is rubbish mate and this carbon model hasn't get any other decent extra features on it so do not get it
WOW really?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Nathy137
Don't get it man I made the mistake of buying a normal MG and it ain't great, the distortion on it is rubbish mate and this carbon model hasn't get any other decent extra features on it so do not get it

Oh I'm not, I just wanted to see if it was any better than the old one.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
According to the link, it says it doesn't exist. Which is perfect!

EDIT: Unfortunately it does exist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdWvqIGeM8g

I don't know if it's just the video but it has a somewhat better sound than the regular MG. Not good, but at least usable. I wouldn't mind using one as a wanking amp, but unfortunately they're stupidly overpriced for containing the Marshall logo on the front.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Dec 28, 2011,
Marshall did upgrade the MG's recently. I haven't tried the new ones but have heard they are a lot better. I didn't think the old ones were all that bad tbh though.

The only reason they have such a bad reputation here is Chinese whispers.
Quote by jkielq91
Marshall did upgrade the MG's recently. I haven't tried the new ones but have heard they are a lot better. I didn't think the old ones were all that bad tbh though.

nope. it's because the older ones really were terrible in every way, shape or form imaginable.

actually the newer MGs aren't bad little practice amps but are a bit pricey for what they are and the higher wattage ones are still a massive waste of money.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by jkielq91

Yeah sure the hate of one of the most common amps in the world is chinese whispers..
Quote by coolstoryangus
Yeah sure the hate of one of the most common amps in the world is chinese whispers..

The Line 6 Spider is the same.

Sure they are not at the top of the practice amp league, but they are a lot better than people give them credit for.
Quote by jkielq91

Sure they are not at the top of the practice amp league, but they are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Uhm, no. The older MGs are absolutely terrible. The gain is muddy mess, and the cleans are just nasty sounding. Quite honestly, I didn't realize how bad they are until recently.

I swear, I'm going to take a freaking hammer to the stupid thing once I have the cash to buy something better.
Quote by Cannibal Koala
Uhm, no. The older MGs are absolutely terrible. The gain is muddy mess, and the cleans are just nasty sounding. Quite honestly, I didn't realize how bad they are until recently.

I swear, I'm going to take a freaking hammer to the stupid thing once I have the cash to buy something better.

Good for you for not selling it used to some poor unknowing kid.
Quote by jkielq91

no they are not

sarcasm detector
get one
Quote by jkielq91

But why would you not get the top of the practice amp league, when the "top" is the same exact price as the Spider?

That's why we hate the Spider.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
As bad as the spider and mg series are, nothing can underperform my old Randall kirk hammett kh-15. Even my iphone is a better amp.
Quote by Nathy137

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by gregs1020
it has a slightly better looking yet cheaper outer skin.

it appeals to the fast and stupid crowd.

Basically the existing MG customers who think it's good because it has Marshall written on it.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Basically the existing MG customers who think it's good because it has Marshall written on it.

Sadly these people are my friends
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Quote by StateFarmsThere
As bad as the spider and mg series are, nothing can underperform my old Randall kirk hammett kh-15. Even my iphone is a better amp.

Crate GX-15 < KH-15
Quote by rhino1957
Sadly these people are my friends

Sadly, those people are also my friends.

Anyway, the MG Carbon is pretty much the same piece of shit, just in a different colour.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Original MG series was horrid. The MG4 series was a big improvement but still pointless when it came to the high watt models. This new one is basically the MG4 with a new look to get people re-interested in what really should be a discontinued item on Marshall's line.
honestly there is a purpose other than smashing them, using them as firewood, and something to set your beer on.

i have an older MG, a guy gave it to me when i bought something else from him, totally sucks, but there is one good thing! you can keep them in the trunk/hatch in your car and not give a shit if your car gets broken into (other than the fact that it does suck if it happens).

mine is 15 watter, i have it in my trunk with two cheap ass cables (the ones you get free when you get a guitar from some companies (washburn did this, and jackson may have too. i am sure there are others), and some cheap ass dirt pedal to use over the clean channel.

its convenient. wherever you go you at least have something to play. i sure wouldn't be sticking and keeping a quality tube amp (or even a bugera) in the hatch to get thrown around.

no it wont keep up with drummers, so in some situations without a drummer it can be useful.

if you are at a party or something and people are around and playing too, you have something to play on.

but it will still sound like shit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/