Hey guys

I have a friend who has been dealing with family issues for quite some time now. He is 22 years old. Him and his mother (he doesn't have a father, never met his father) have been living with his grandmother in her apartment for about three years now ever since they were asked to leave their old apartment. Their old landlord wanted her daughter to move upstairs to where they were living so they had to move in with his grandmother. He recently told me that his mother is giving him a deadline to get a job and move out of his grandmothers place but can she do that even if its not her place? They live in a senior citizen building. He goes to college but can't seem to find a job. He also has video on his phone of his mother saying she wants to kill him. He is really upset and doesn't know if he should take his mother to court or not. They live in New York City. If you guys need any other details let me know. I'm trying to help him out but I just don't know what to do/say. Thanks.
Life is a film, you the film maker
He's 22 years old, he should probably get a job and move out already. It would benefit everyone in the situation.
Quote by blake1221
He's 22 years old, he should probably get a job and move out already. It would benefit everyone in the situation.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand /thread
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by blake1221

It's not easy to work full time to pay for your own place while going to school though.
Quote by metaldud536
It's not easy to work full time to pay for your own place while going to school though.

Yeah, it's not that hard. I do it and so do a few dozen of my friends who don't get money from their parents.

"Seriously. Get a f*cking job."

this is what you say.
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
^It's as a good a time as any to get started. He'll likely be genuinely happier with the outcome in that situation anyways.
Are there any other relatives he can room with? My uncle has lived with his sister (my aunt) and my uncle since he was like 20, he's like 30 now. He really should get a job, even if it is minimum wage.
Suicide could solve all problems in this thread.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
As far as I know his mother and grandmother are the only real family he has. He just can't seem to find a retail job or even a job as a waiter. I don't know what's up. And I even went with him twice to help him give his work resume to different places so I know he's been looking.
Quote by moscaespañol
Suicide could solve all problems in this thread.

lol'd a bit.

Quote by FryingNemo
^It's as a good a time as any to get started. He'll likely be genuinely happier with the outcome in that situation anyways.

Exactly, I understand it's hard, but you've got to pull your own weight if you're able bodied. No better time for him to start then right now.

I'm actually taking a break from school to help around the house and move out at the same time. It's not going to be easy, but it's not going to hurt anything if I try.

Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
And I even went with him twice to help him give his work resume to different places so I know he's been looking.

It's unprofessional to show up with other people to a job interview/picking up an application.
Quote by SanchoII
Yeah, it's not that hard. I do it and so do a few dozen of my friends who don't get money from their parents.

"Seriously. Get a f*cking job."

this is what you say.

It is not easy because many classes are only available at certain times. Many full time jobs don't have flexible hours.
Quote by blake1221
lol'd a bit.

Exactly, I understand it's hard, but you've got to pull your own weight if you're able bodied. No better time for him to start then right now.

I'm actually taking a break from school to help around the house and move out at the same time. It's not going to be easy, but it's not going to hurt anything if I try.

It's unprofessional to show up with other people to a job interview/picking up an application.

I didn't make it obvious or act immature about it. We both dressed nice, he went up to the managers and talked to them briefly, handed his resume and that was that.
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
I didn't make it obvious or act immature about it. We both dressed nice, he went up to the managers and talked to them briefly, handed his resume and that was that.

Oh I understand, I'm just saying from a managerial perspective, it comes across as unprofessional. The applicant isn't applying for two people, and doesn't need to appear at a meeting with more than one person. Little things like that can stick with managers.