Hey guys, I need some help. I got EZdrummer for Christmas and can't quite figure it out. I've tried running it through Ableton and Reaper. I couldn't figure out how to open it as a VST in either one so I tried opening it by itself then dragging and dropping the MIDI sound files from it (the pre-programmed fills and grooves) into my DAW and it works fine, but then I can't get any sound to come out. Ableton says "No Output" and Reaper just has no sound. What could be my problem?
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
In Reaper: create a new track and click the FX button. This will load a list of all your available VSTs (If Ezdrummer is not on the list, go to your preferences and to then VST section and and add the directory where you installed EZdrummer to the list of places for Reaper to scan for VSTs). Once you've added EZD as a VST, go to insert>new midi item. This will create a new midi item on your track and you can double click it to edit and program you drum part.
Let's party.
I've tried that, I added the EZDrummer folder from Program Files to the directory and no matter what I do, I can't get EZDrummer to show up in the VST list. And I've already looked for it to show up as Toontrack, but I've got nothing.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Nevermind, I got it! I was linking to the EZdrummer folder instead of the .dll file
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud