Im customizing a old cort effector guitar getting a new paintjob and everything .
Anyways im putting Dimarzio evolution in the bridge what should i put n the neck ?????
my favorite guitarist
are
slash
eddy van halen
alexi lahio
randy rhoads
steve vai
please help me with a neck pickup
Might as well get another dimarzio in there? I always favored the Breed Neck from them, see if you like it yourself.
You realize both Alexi Laiho and for a good while Eddie Van Halen played guitars without neck pickups, right?
i haven't tried a breed, but as far as dimarzio goes, i love Air Norton neck pickups. they are very fluid while still allowing a little bit of bite. if you want to look to even more fluid tone the liquifier is great.

what made you choose the breed? not a bad thing, just curious.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It would be a perfect choice since hes a Vai fan (he had one in some of his earliest JEMs) and in my opinion is just fatter and nicer sounding than any PAF Pro. Gave off a classic humbucker sound while still being able to hold its own against more modern stuff. Nice mid-range as well without sounding to harsh.

Just my preferred neck pickup from the Dimarzio line is all.
Quote by BobDetroit
You realize both Alexi Laiho and for a good while Eddie Van Halen played guitars without neck pickups, right?

And also you don't need a neck pickup for Slash or Steve Vai, right?

Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz