So lately I've been wanting to make some rap music but need some beats to rap over.
Now I don't want to use other people's beats and all of that stuff I rather just mess around on fl studio and make some myself.Problem is a lot of the sounds on there don't sound all that great.So I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some samples to start making my own beats.Also any advice on anything relevant would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Things I'm looking for:
-Hi hat sounds
-Snares
-Synths
-bass drops
-anything useful
NEW SIGNATURE!
buy a drum kit and drum mikes and make your own beats, then you won't have to steal other people's!
dang man. Have you not dug through fl enough? go to tools and click smart find. then from there, type in what you are looking for. be vague. it should give you tons of results. If that doesnt satisfy you, Garage band is pretty fun if you know what you're doing. If you have microsoft, get Mixcraft 5. Itll cost you some money or you can use the "Slickinator" torrent to get it for free. PM me your email and Ill .zip it to you with instructions. Ive made plenty of raps with Mixcraft. It makes it way too easy. Mixcraft was made to be user friendly and is an all around great product. theres even an autotuner in it called Gsnap.
The Overflow+READ=zombies.

"if the individual has the right to govern himself, all external government is tyranny." -Benjamin R Tucker
Quote by hiwaychild1
dang man. Have you not dug through fl enough? go to tools and click smart find. then from there, type in what you are looking for. be vague. it should give you tons of results. If that doesnt satisfy you, Garage band is pretty fun if you know what you're doing. If you have microsoft, get Mixcraft 5. Itll cost you some money or you can use the "Slickinator" torrent to get it for free. PM me your email and Ill .zip it to you with instructions. Ive made plenty of raps with Mixcraft. It makes it way too easy. Mixcraft was made to be user friendly and is an all around great product. theres even an autotuner in it called Gsnap.

I just think the drum samples sound to fake and thin sounding.I'll check it out a bit more though.Do you have any of your rap music up?I would love to hear it. I'm going use google a bit and see if I can find anything worth using.What do you use for your drum kit sound and synths?
NEW SIGNATURE!
Native Instruments Massive is great for that stuff. You can make sub drops in FL Studio with the 3xosc. There's a youtube tutorial on that I believe. You can also do it in Massive, I have a preset for that with a bunch of other stuff I've found for free.
Quote by aeromakesmusic
I just think the drum samples sound to fake and thin sounding.

On thier own, most samples do to a point. In a good mix, they more often than not sound a lot better. Even if that still isn't quite enough, there are plenty of tutorials on the internet about layering samples for a bigger sound.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
The first and most obvious question has to be: who do you listen to? Rap these days is about as varied as Rock so are we talking old-school (Schooly-D, early Ice-T, Run DMC) or the later incarnations that are more pop-oriented (Kanye West)? The easiest way is to do a blend of the techniques that have been part of hip-hop since the beginning, get a decent sampled groove and reinforce the kick and snare, probably with some TR sounds. Then compress it all to hell and back (Kanye West's productions border on the insane at times, compressing just about ever track to the point where it introduces distorsion).

My rap projects (found here http://www.planetemil.com/oddsends.html under the moniker Flip It Allstars) take that approach. For Flip her over I used a sampled drum beat, heard more or less in isolation at the start, and added everything else on top including some added weight to the kick and snare from the Boom plugin in Pro Tools. Hangin' with the All-stars uses the same approach but with radically different results. Finally, Say what is almost all about samples. If you just put them together right it usually works. In the end it should be about the lyrics anyway (which are always a goof-off when I rap).
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
I am actually spending 4 hours a day wih a hip hop artist recording his album currently. If you want good drum sounds learn to sample instrument hits from songs, get your usual 808 and 909 samples everyone has, avoid FL Studio samples (I and anyone who has used FL for a while can recognize FL samples as. They are used way to much), look for free samples online, and mic a drum kit sometime. Those are your keys to good drum sounds a little bit of everything. I know I have a huge amount of samples saved.
personally i use fruity loops for some of my electronic stuff and just always pick different snares, kicks, hats and claps to keep it from sounding like FL.
I always send my samples through the limiter and change the waves a tad. then they dont sound like fl
The Overflow+READ=zombies.

"if the individual has the right to govern himself, all external government is tyranny." -Benjamin R Tucker