Depends on what definition of talent you are using.
Check out my band Disturbed
i think most of the time that's just false modesty which is just as annoying as people being overly proud.
#DTWD
Quote by StewieSwan
Depends on what definition of talent you are using.

This. If you define talent as something inherent, then yeah it's nothing to be boastful about. But if you define talent as a skill you've worked your ass off to achieve, why the hell wouldn't you be proud of it?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
If it comes down to it and someone is talking me up I tell them I still have a lot of work to do.

Eventually I'll burn out, but that's not much of a concern.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
If that's true then I feel better.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
So I guess crazy people who are not in their right mind do take pride in their talents?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
This. If you define talent as something inherent, then yeah it's nothing to be boastful about. But if you define talent as a skill you've worked your ass off to achieve, why the hell wouldn't you be proud of it?

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
You're mad not to.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
There's a difference between being proud and being an asshole. If you've developed a skill over two decades then yes, you should be proud about what you've accomplished. But the other half is that shoving your skill, no matter how good it is, in people's faces is a douche thing to do.

proud adj \ˈprau̇d\

1: feeling or showing pride: as

a : having or displaying excessive self-esteem
b : much pleased : exultant
c : having proper self-respect

C and B is fine. A makes you a dickbasket.
Quote by chaoticfables
Miss Maudie says that in To Kill a Mockingbird, which I read earlier this year.

Do you agree with the quote?

Nothing wrong with taking pride in what you do. Hell, it can encourage you to set high standards for yourself, and thereby do a better job so you meet your own expectations.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Nothing wrong with being proud of your talents, the problem is when you think you are better than everyone else because of them.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
I don't think it has anything to do with taking pride or not. A lot of people are just super modest about their talents. I recently found out one of my close friends is an extremely gifted artist, but she never talks about it. Doesn't mean she isn't proud of her talent, she just doesn't show it off.
Taking pride in one's work is nothing new, nor is it anything shameful so long as one is modest about it.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
The only case in which pride is permissible is curing a disease that nobody else can cure.

Besides that, anybody who talks about how good they THINK they are at what they do are full of the stinkiest kind of shit.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I suppose it's because 'talent' doesn't take any effort to acquire. It's kind of like being proud of where you were born. You didn't do anything to get it, it was just luck.

So in that sense I agree with it. You can be proud of things you do with said talents though.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER