So I've become curious to try making some fried rice, but I have no idea what recipe I should use. Upon searching online, I've found basically the same recipe over and over, but it seems the most important part is that fried rice is traditionally supposed to be used with leftover or "old" white rice, but I'm not too certain how to go about preparing it. I figured I'd try to get more insight and ask some actual people rather than read a bunch of the same recipes.

Anyone have any tips or recipes they'd like to share?
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by chaoticfables
Oh dear lawd yes I love fried rice.

Add beaten egg while you're still frying them. Mmmmmmmm. I'm hungry.

And bacon. on nom nom nom.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
It's really the easiest thing to make. Almost impossible to mess up.

Just start with a basic recipe and then go from there. That's what I did. And now I make the world's best vegetable fried rice.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Dude needs some bacon up in that fried rice.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by element4433
It's really the easiest thing to make. Almost impossible to mess up.

Just start with a basic recipe and then go from there. That's what I did. And now I make the world's best vegetable fried rice.

Well most recipes said to make it with 2-3 day old rice, but I really don't want to wait that long. It appears that using freshly made rice is a terrible idea so I'm not sure what gives it the best texture/taste. Also, what's the best way to store the white rice after making it? In the fridge in the same pot?
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Add oil to the pan, make sure it's leftover rice or rice that's cold, throw in pan with veggies and either chicken, pork or shrimp, add some seasoning and voila! Fried rice.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Well most recipes said to make it with 2-3 day old rice, but I really don't want to wait that long. It appears that using freshly made rice is a terrible idea so I'm not sure what gives it the best texture/taste. Also, what's the best way to store the white rice after making it? In the fridge in the same pot?
It can be fresh if you want.

But if you want to use old rice just throw it in the refrigerator in some kind of container.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX

I normally make fried rice from leftover rice so that isn't a problem.

I usually put it out in another container, seal it and fridge that shit.
Quote by element4433
It can be fresh if you want.

But if you want to use old rice just throw it in the refrigerator in some kind of container.

Hmm ok. I'm guessing using fresh rice will only make it mushy? How do restaurants do it? It doesn't seem like they'd want to use old rice.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Hmm ok. I'm guessing using fresh rice will only make it mushy? How do restaurants do it? It doesn't seem like they'd want to use old rice.
Let it cool down first.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Think of the washing up and the mess you will make. Go buy it
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer

+

+

+

=

Shangri la
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Now I really want sushi. Smoked salmon and cream cheese sushi..

D:<
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by element4433
Let it cool down first.

Ok.

Hah, I think I'm going to just make alot of white rice, and try cooking with a portion after different periods of time and just see if I can get it the way I want it.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by bastards
Now I really want sushi. Smoked salmon and cream cheese sushi..

D:<

That sounds really tasty. I have a new goal for the week now.
Yes, you use older rice.

Melt butter
Add old rice
Add whatever spices you want like salt, garlic powder, onion, pepper
Add an egg or two
A little soy sauce

And thats it
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Make some rice. Eat some of it with some grilled/baked chicken or something. Fridgerate the rest. On Saturday, pull that shit out of the fridger and throw it in a wok with some oil, some shrimp (already cooked), carrots, scrambled egg, and whatever green veggies you like. Soy sauce to suit your nom preferences.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by CrunchyRoll
Yes, you use older rice.

Melt butter
Add old rice
Add whatever spices you want like salt, garlic powder, onion, pepper
Add an egg or two
A little soy sauce

And thats it

Pretty much how I understand it to be made.

Also if you want your onions to taste like they're from a Chinese, use about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar on them whilst cooking, a dash of balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. The vinegar is optional. I ran out of vinegar and made onions without it the other day and they're were still ****ing awesome.
Last edited by rocknrollstar at Dec 28, 2011,
Yep, use leftover rice, or if u dont have any, cook some fresh and put it in the fridge for a while.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Prepare the rice:

Put your rice in a strainer and rinse it under a tap for a couple minutes. Boil a pot of water. Boil the rice for 5 minutes. Stir, break up the rice. Put it back into the strainer. Put the strainer over the pot full of water. Boil. Cover the strainer (which is on top of the pot of boiling water) with aluminum foil and let this steam saturate your rice.

This is how you make proper rice.

Prepare the extras:

Chop up and hollow your tomatoes.
Chop up your onions
^ jalapeno peppers
^ pine-apple
^ carrots
^ basil, ground up

Put this all into a separate wok and fry it. Use virgin olive oil or, better yet, coconut oil.

Throw an egg in there, scramble it good and be sure to throw the rice in before it establishes consistency.

Soy sauce, hot sauce, oyster sauce... Go wild. Just fry this all in a pan, flipping the rice up and around with a spatula. Let it simmer and proceed to eat straight from the pan.

EDIT: Remember to add coconut oil to grease every pan you use in this process.

EDIT2: Add garlic.
Last edited by Rising at Dec 28, 2011,
I rove flied lice!
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"