I have a question and i don't know where to post it, so i put it here...

i have an epiphone les paul classic, and there's a buzz coming from the B string, something like a fret buzz, but no frets are touching the string...

so that meant it has to do with the nut... what i found was that the string slot was causing the buzzing, because when i press the string behind the nut, the buzz stops...

the thing is i don't want to f*ck up the nut, and i'm thinking on carving a little deeper on the slot, but that would make the fret to buzz....

wtf do i do?
Without seeing the problem for myself, the best advice I could give you would be to maybe loosen the b string and move it up and down in the notch a few times in case there are any loose shavings in there for some reason. Another thing you might try would be to lube your nut up with some Big Bends Nut Sauce (or a similar product). I would not recommend carving the slot deeper in order to stop the buzz. If my suggestions don't work, it may be best to take the guitar to good local guitar tech to have it checked out.
well, the moving it up and down didn't work...
gotta try the lubing

the thing is that the so called 'guitar techs' around are nothing but douchebags who are gonna end telling me to buy another guitar...

thanks anyway man!
it started with a string change, wasn't like that before and i have always used the same kind of strings, same gauge and stuff...
i changed them to see if it was something to do with that, but nope, the same with the new ones
Last edited by rubbert at Dec 28, 2011,
After Googling the problem for a little bit I have a few other odd ideas that may help. You might try increasing the angle of the strings from the tuners to the nut if possible to help hold it down. One guy on a forum said he put a bit of sponge under the string which solved his problem. I can't say how much that will help in your case but if all else fails why not try it right? Worst case senario is that you have to get a new nut in the end. Sorry I can't be more helpful to you here.