Hey ppl...

Other than a Floyd Rose...on which temolo u can scoop as well as divebomb n do other tricks?????
Technically, you can do everything a Floyd Rose can do an a vintage trem, within a much smaller range of course. I would never recommend that though. If you want to do anything other then some slight vibrato here and there, get a Floyd.
The Ibanez Edge tremolo is a great unit too. Floyd Rose himself confessed that the Original Edge trem was a better construction than his trem units.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Most of the Floyd tricks can only be done effectively on a Floyd-like trem. So that's the official Floyd Rose units, the licensed units and similar designs like the Ibanez Edge.

The Ibanez ZR system, can do similar things but uses ball bearings rather than knife edges.

There's also the Kahler, though I don't know enough about them to say how they compare.
The ZR system is pretty limited compared to Original Edge, or the Original Floyd.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
To me the best tremolo is ZR-2 bridge w/ZPS3 on the Ibanez S series prestige.
Schaller double locking trem and lockmeister (the lockmeister is just a rebadged OFR, as far as i'm aware).

Gotoh GE1996T

Ibanez Edge, Lo-Pro Edge and Edge Pro (haven't tried the edge zero yet, though it's not made by gotoh)

Some other high-end brands use rebadged gotohs and schallers (musicman and vigier for a start, as far as i'm aware)

I have no experience with teh kahler either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah kahler is a pretty good trem overall, maybe ot as good as the OFR, but deff a close second.
The only trem I have now is on my PRS, and I must say I prefer it over any other trem out there. But I do not do EVH stuff either. I have noticed that it almost never comes out of tune, even if I do a good divebomb. You can also pull up to a certain degree. It is also pretty much maininence free, I have not had any issues with it at all and I bought it in 2004, and I gig very heavily (100+ shows yr)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ibanez Edge is great. Its a great design and you dont have to cut the ball on the strings. Just string it like a regular guitar. I think it easier to set up also then a tradition floyd rose.
Bigsby.
Classic and pure.

The Bigsby gives the perfect wave.
If you are into crazy dive bombs, just buy a Digitech Whammy pedal.
Quote by I AM DEREK
Kahler 2315.

This.

Why the hell is no one else suggesting these things. Its like people forgot that any thing other than floyd exist fordive bombing and pullups.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Most of the Floyd tricks can only be done effectively on a Floyd-like trem. So that's the official Floyd Rose units, the licensed units and similar designs like the Ibanez Edge.

The Ibanez ZR system, can do similar things but uses ball bearings rather than knife edges.

There's also the Kahler, though I don't know enough about them to say how they compare.

I'm a sucker for ball bearings, that sounds cool. That prolly means I can adjust the action w/o loosening the strings too.
i like kahalers more than floyds and edges just because it's easier to work with
Well, I have no idea what a scoop is, but Kahler bridges are very nice locking trems to my experience, the Kahler I tried felt nicer under my palm and had a much smoother feel to it. They're supposed to be a lot easier to set up too, and don't take up a back cavity, but I hear they can't flutter(though cheaper Floyds don't seem to be able to do that either, and my Floyd won't flutter anymore), and Iunno if the action'd be as low as it would with the Floyd(I didn't find much of a difference but the beautiful G&L Rampage I played with the Kahler sold so I have no way to try a Kahler anymore).

And there are the Ibanez Edge trems, but they're pretty similar to Floyds to my knowledge.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
im a fan of the original edge and wilkinson trems
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....