I have an ESP LTD Viper 100FM and a Fender Frontman 10G. I get a crackling noise when I strike 2 or more strings with a little oomph but never from one it seems. The crackling seems to be more prevalent when I turn the tone knob down. 2 patch cords, same problem. Also happens with both or either bridge/neck pickup. Tried it on my roommates amp and the issue seems to be a good amount less but still there. Willing to try anything I feel comfortable with. Cheers.
Last edited by cuber351 at Dec 28, 2011,
Check condition of solder joints at output jack,selector switch and ground wire to bridge. 2 of my output jacks are currently loose internaly(not the loose mounting nuts), causing this.
Open the back cover on the guitar and while playing thru the amp just start wigling wire a little untill you find it. Chiknees built guitars have really crappy solder jobs.(I have seen)...to the point of solder dripped on wire shorting them out.
Quote by cuber351
I have an ESP LTD Viper 100FM and a Fender Frontman 10G. I get a crackling noise when I strike 2 or more strings with a little oomph but never from one it seems. The crackling seems to be more prevalent when I turn the tone knob down. 2 patch cords, same problem. Also happens with both or either bridge/neck pickup. Tried it on my roommates amp and the issue seems to be a good amount less but still there. Willing to try anything I feel comfortable with. Cheers.

first off, a fender frontman 10 is going to make any minor guitar problem seem much worse.

if you feel there's an electric issue, then check the guitar's output jack.

make sure both wires are still connected properly.

if you think it might be an acoustic or a rattling part issue,
then unplug the guitar, strum and check for rattle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Opened the back cover and a bunch of the wires have a lot of extra copper wire dangling about. Some of them were pretty close to touching so I moved them away from each other and so far so good. This should get me by until I can afford to take it to my local guitar shop and have the wiring redone. Thanks for the help.