Hi guys,

I've got a problem in Reaper with midi tracks. For some reason they don't give sound when I leave them as a midi track but they do give some sound when I put a VST on the track.

Do you guys know how this can be solved.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
MIDI data is only information, you need a VST that will process the data for you to produce the sound.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Yeah you need to have a VST plugin to play any MIDI. A MIDI file is just a set of information not actual music.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
But how do I get the ''midi'' sound like you get in Guitar pro or similair programs?
I used a Synth VST but that made all the notes just one big sustaining mess.
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
But how do I get the ''midi'' sound like you get in Guitar pro or similair programs?
I used a Synth VST but that made all the notes just one big sustaining mess.

That's probably because you set up the synth to make the sound a big sustaining mess.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Reaper has no stock instruments and the way it handles tracks/busses/groups is the reason midi won't play with the standard midi sounds like some DAWs. You can download Mixcraft and it will install the Acoustica Virtual Instruments which are your basic midi sounds and then run them in Reaper.
Let's party.
Thanks for the help all.

Odirunn I installed Mixcraft and tried to use that Acoustica Virtual instrument but it doesn't work for some reason. Is there something different that can get the ''midi'''sound I am looking for? Reaper included a plug-in called Reacontrolmidi but I have no idea how to get it to work.
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant