I really liked this guys rr1, hated the color and way it looked, but it sounded cool.

i dont know which rr to get, i want a floyd rose, jacksons seems to offer custom shopped guitars but they are over priced.

i tried a rr5, rr3fr, the rr5 was excellent in terms of action, quality, the rr3 was a joke, all 4 rr3frs where hard to play bolt on jap guitars., i cant stand there new rr5frs and i can not see how they pay any tribute to randy with blood and skulls on the guitars, shame

so is the rr5fr worth it in ping stripe white?

any advise on a solution welcomed
Quote by SkyGuitars
I really liked this guys rr1, hated the color and way it looked, but it sounded cool.

i dont know which rr to get, i want a floyd rose, jacksons seems to offer custom shopped guitars but they are over priced.

Huh? You hated the way it looked other than the colour, or just the colour?

And yes, they offer customs. Customs are always expensive from a major manufacturer.

Quote by SkyGuitars
i tried a rr5, rr3fr, the rr5 was excellent in terms of action, quality, the rr3 was a joke, all 4 rr3frs where hard to play bolt on jap guitars.

Well, you've got several levels of RR really.

RR1 = Made in USA, best quality

RR5 & RR24 = Made in Japan, pretty damn good
RR3 = Made in Japan, not quite so good as RR5

X series RRs = Made in India, not great but pretty good quality and features for the price
JS series RRs = beginner level.

I'm surprised that you found four separate RR3s hard to play, because it's generally a popular, well regarded model. I haven't played any myself, but it's in the same price level as my DK2M, and my dinky is an excellent guitar.

Also, I'm rather confused that you point out at all of the RR3s were bolt on Japanese guitars. That's kind of the point. You know, make a group of guitars to the same spec and give them the same model name?

Quote by SkyGuitars
i cant stand there new rr5frs and i can not see how they pay any tribute to randy with blood and skulls on the guitars, shame

I wouldn't exactly call the RR5FR new. As far as I know, it's discontinued. And the tribute to Randy is more in the fact that the body shape is named after him. They're not trying to make every single model look like one he would have played. If that was the case, there would be "Concorde" models everywhere.

I'm sure most customers would rather have a wide range of guitars available for this very popular body shape, so that there's something in the range for most players.
Are you playing out? If so, I'd look into another brand all together. Years ago I used to take Jackson's on the road and they sounded and played great, but didn't hold up to the road at all. Unless of course you have your own guitar tech who will reset your gear every couple gigs. The ESP or LTD V's are really cool. They play and sound great. And I've had more luck on the road with mid to high end LTDs than I did with custom Jackson's and high end Jackson's. Great guitars, don't get me wrong. Just not very solid with my experience.
I just bought a Jackson X series RRXMG Rhoads brand new for $533 Australian from americaland and for the price it's awesome.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
I've been pretty happy with my rr3pro. That being said I would save up for an rr1 with a floyd next time as I prefer set necks or neck throughs.
My Gear:

Jackson RR3 Pro
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender CD140 Acoustic/Electric
Line 5 HD500 effects unit
Marshall MA100

"Grunge was invented for people who can't play solos"