Hi

I'm building a 4x12 cab and i'm researching all the materials i will need. I know Tolex is the thing to use to cover cabs, but it's just so expensive. It's gonna cost me around £80 to cover all of it. Is there any cheaper alternative to Tolex? I've read about rhino truck bed liner spray but i can't seem to find it here in the UK. Would it be advisable to use something like this?

http://www.fabricuk.com/fabrics.php?fabric_type=162#dataform

Thanks in advance

James
yeh that'd work with some spray glue. don't know how it'd look though.

tried looking at tweed as well??
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Would clear coating or just staining it a colour be an option for you? You don't necessarily have to cover it with tolex. If you like the look of it as is then I'd say keep it like that.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
You can just use tweed fabric, normal tweed fabric. Upholstery grade is what you want. Then after you've covered it give it a coat of clear lacquer. That's about the cheapest way around it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Eppicurt - I think I prefer the look of the upholstered cabs. I'm not too keen on having a varnished wood effect, although i have seen some that look awesome like that! Would be nice to own something that looks like that some day.

Cathbard - Thanks i'll check that out. I'm trying to do this as cheaply as i can. Managed to get my speakers for 1/3 the price I budgeted for which is a great start!

Thanks for the help guys
Quote by Eppicurt
Would clear coating or just staining it a colour be an option for you? You don't necessarily have to cover it with tolex. If you like the look of it as is then I'd say keep it like that.

Really is something for the bedroom or living room, looks nice but I wouldn't drag it down a flight of stairs every weekend.

Truck bed spray lining stuff FTW. My dad has it in his truck, that would kick ass on a guitar cab.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."