Page 1 of 2
As the title says, have you ever been so frustrated with your instrument you want to destroy it?

Now, last night I was playing a show with 2 bands I was in and I had technical difficulties in my second set, and I was ready to smash my guitar to pieces! Fortunately it was a "noise" song (I know it makes no sense but roll with it), so I just settled for violent strumming and feedback.

anyone?

EDIT: I didn't really want to destroy my guitar, just felt a violent physical frustration with my guitar, and now I know why some more famous players would flip their shit and break shit.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Dec 28, 2011,
You sold your soul to the devil to play rock n roll music and you passed up the chance to smash your guitar??!??!

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I accidentally knocked my guitar off of its stand when I wanted to close my window after a long and not-so-sober Saturday night... So it now has a nasty dent with chipped paint right at the front side, have no idea how to fix it because it's like sprinkly (horrible way of putting it I know) paint on it so I just can't repaint it myself =S But that was not intentional. I think I "love" my guitars too much to ever hurt them intentionally I guess *shug*
You had Technical Difficulties as in the Paul Gilbert song or actual Technical Difficulties?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Dirge Humani
You need to calm down.

I know, I should have. It didn't help that I was coming down from being drunk and I literally didn't set up anything before I got on stage to even play

and I'll clarify even in the OP that I wasn't necessarily going to smash my guitar, but after hearing stories of some more famous guitarists flipping their shit onstage about their instrument, I can kind of get it now.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Dec 28, 2011,
Yeah.. I have ADHD and any little thing would piss me off. I used to abuse my ZR trem, talking about holding the guitar only by the trem bar and violently shaking it...

Thankfully It could handle it, now I just walk away and drink some green tea with milk. Yum.
Oh hell yeah I have. It's usually because my playing sucks, so i take it out on the one of two things I should be caring more about.
I think it's a bit sad. Like throwing video game controllers or snapping discs. Which is really sad.
Oh yeah. Whenever my guitar snaps a string I want to smash it. Because strings breaking are totally the guitar's fault, not mine.
Quote by NOTONFACEBOOK
I think it's a bit sad. Like throwing video game controllers or snapping discs. Which is really sad.

Somebody's never worked in IT support...
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
I bought my bass from Tamworth so I had to slap the country out of it.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Well, sometimes when I practice something new for like 2 hours, I start getting sloppy again because I lost my focus.. then that failure makes me angry.. and I guess yeah, sometimes I do wanna smash my guitar.

So then I just stop playing and do something else. Problem solved.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
My guitars are a bit beat up, and my amp no longer works properly.
This is why I don't own any real decent equipment. As soon as I get some actual financial balance, I can see myself buying a high end guitar or amp and I'd be really nervous about using them. My temper is awful and irrational.
I don't really get mad about my guitar playing to much
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Way Cool JR.
This is the first thing I thought of

Angriest Guitarist in the world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DbUPjEbIvA

I get frustrated sometimes but never angry.

that poor chair.

I also don't necessarily mean about playing it itself. I can get frustrated about a part but never pissed. It was little technical problems during that gig that were irritating. I need it to work and I don't care if I have a backup!
Not really, but I rage with the fury of a thousand suns at video games. Strange stuff.
I kicked an amp multiple times and pretty much ****ed up my foot. The amp wasn't ours however as it was in our shared gigging place. And yes, it was terribly stupid but the amp was okay and I was extremely pissed off at everything.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
No, but I rage so hard at textbooks when I can't find the page I'm looking for and it's printed on crappy paper so it sticks together and I start ripping pages out
cat
I can play hard but I don't "abuse" my guitar. Just means I'd need to buy new shit once it breaks.

Plus I love the Who, but when I see them smashing up shit I just think what a waste. That feel bro, it never goes away.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You had Technical Difficulties as in the Paul Gilbert song or actual Technical Difficulties?

Racer X, son, not just Paul Gilbert.

OT: I've never really got mad at any of my instruments.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I had a Bugera 333XL that shit out on me during a show. I wanted to tear that thing apart. Traded it for a Hod Rod Deluxe 2 days later, never looked back.
No, but I broke a 360 controller in half (Not literally in half. Just twisted hard enough that the front snapped in two.) while playing Halo Reach on Legendary difficulty. It was my brothers controller. He wasn't happy.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i once cut the strings out of frustration, but I could never hurt my guitar like that.
Quote by WCPhils
No, but I broke a 360 controller in half (Not literally in half. Just twisted hard enough that the front snapped in two.) while playing Halo Reach on Legendary difficulty. It was my brothers controller. He wasn't happy.

I don't blame you, Legendary is so hard :X
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Playing live if I get into the song, I'll get increasingly violent with my guitar, but the violence is never AT my guitar.

There's a pretty big difference.
Every time I pick up my guitar to play it, it ends with me wanting to hurl it across the room and smash it to pieces because after seven years of playing I am not getting any better and I'm not even good at it to begin with. It's so frustrating I don't know whether I want to scream, destroy my guitar, or break down in big manly tears.
Page 1 of 2