hey guys, so I owned zoom G2.1nu and frankly speaking I was not satisfied, so I decided to upgrade my gear. I currently own PRS SE torero. I was searching in the net for some effects and now I can't chose from 3 options

1. Digitech Rp 1000
2. Line 6 pod hd 500
3. rocktron utopia g300

I watched the demos in youtube and was not very fond of the sound of the pod.
but in the reviews people praise it, on the other hand I really liked the sound of rocktron utopia but since their were practically no reviews about it, I backed down again. I thought of buying digitech because the distortion was the most realistic on it (well in my opinion).
any way I am kinda on the crossroads so I really need advise!
That's just kind of how multi effect units sound. They don't sound terrible, but they don't sound all that great either. Honestly, I don't think any of those are really a big step up from what you have now.

I would take the $500 you have (based on the prices of the multi effects your considering) and get 3-5 good single pedals. That's just me though.
we i would suggest some individual analog pedals...also, what amp are you using?
As far as the multi effects that you are looking at, the 500 is the best sounding in my opinion. But I agree that multi effects in general sound kind of generic. Individual pedals generally are the better option if you are going for tone. One of the best sounding multi effects I've heard for under $500 is the TC Electronic Nova System. The overdrive is analog and sounds very similar to a fulltone ocd. Even tho the delays are digital they are one of the things TC is known for, they sound amazing. It maybe has less effects than the units you are looking at, but the quality of the effects on there are amazing. The only thing its missing is a heavy distortion, but you can get the Nova System for $300 on ebay and spend what you save on a good distortion pedal, and then you have everything you need right there.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by elva007
do you suggest any distortion pedal?

I've played just about every distortion you could think of. The one that made it to my board is amptweaker tightmetal. It has amazing tone without the high end hiss that alot of distortion pedals have. Its crunchy and thick but still clear and defined, and has a built in noisegate.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by guitarguychris1
As far as the multi effects that you are looking at, the 500 is the best sounding in my opinion. But I agree that multi effects in general sound kind of generic. Individual pedals generally are the better option if you are going for tone. One of the best sounding multi effects I've heard for under $500 is the TC Electronic Nova System. The overdrive is analog and sounds very similar to a fulltone ocd. Even tho the delays are digital they are one of the things TC is known for, they sound amazing. It maybe has less effects than the units you are looking at, but the quality of the effects on there are amazing. The only thing its missing is a heavy distortion, but you can get the Nova System for $300 on ebay and spend what you save on a good distortion pedal, and then you have everything you need right there.

I fully agree! but buy the nova system limited edition, it's worth the extra money.
you should get a good distortion too as mentioned - I recommend Hardwire Digitech TL-2 Metal Distortion! It's sounds great! Before I bought any distortion I read reviews, watched video demos and tried some of them myself, and narrowed it down to this one. Couldn't be more pleased with it!
btw, if you decide to go that way, let me know how it turns out.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback