so here's the problem... my electric guitar is buzzing pretty badly and I'm sure it's not the cable nor the amp that's making this annoying buzzing noise.. cz I've tried using the exact same amp and plugging into another electric guitar using the exact same cable, and it doesn't make a single buzz/noise at all, even when I turned both the electric guitar and amp volume to the max 10. The electric guitar that's making the buzzing sound is a Fender reissue strat I just bought, but it's second-handed. However, it didn't make those buzzing noise so badly until just now... I'm thinking maybe it's the wire inside that's got loosen up.. what do you guys think? and interestingly, the buzzing sound seems to increase & decrease as I turn the guitar up side down or facing another angle.. I'm guessing I have to open up the guitar and check if the wires inside are loosen..? but that's something I've never done before, I'm afraid instead of fixing it I might break the guitar I just bought? or is this something that's easy to fix even if I've never open up a guitar before..? Any Help Would Be Highly Appreciated. THANK YOU. =D
try playing it in a different room, or in a different place in the same room

i had a hell of a buzz coming out of my PRS and it turned out to be electrical interference from one of the power outlets
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
It's the single coils man they don't buck the hum like humbucker's (hence the name). You could buy a noise gate to fix that though they really help. Good luck.
The guitar has been my best friend since I was 9 years old. I have spent more time with my instrument than any human being.
Probably 60 cycle hum. It's just something that happens when you have single coils. In fact, the whole reason humbuckers were invented in the first place was to circumvent this problem. You'll also notice that in positions 2 and 4, where two pickups are selected, the hum goes away.

There is no "fix" just ways of getting around it. A noise gate/suppressor would probably be your best bet.
the typical single coil hum isn't usually bad enough to be worried about, at least it wasn't on my P-90's after i moved it away from the power outlet
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
the typical single coil hum isn't usually bad enough to be worried about, at least it wasn't on my P-90's after i moved it away from the power outlet

It depends a lot on where you're at. For example, back when I played for my university the hum would be unbearable during practice because of all the fluorescent lights. However, once we got on stage for our performance, the hum was almost nonexistent.
try playing it in a different room, or in a different place in the same room:
but I played my other electric guitar in the same room and it doesn't make a single buzz..?

It's just something that happens when you have single coils:
but it didn't have those buzz at least not this bad until just now..?

no one thinks it's because of the wire that's got loosen up inside..?
Less thinking more trying
Quote by stepchildusmc
I tried bringing my amp and electric guitar into another empty room with no tv/computer/anything electronic.. the amount of buzzing is EXACTLY the same.. not even a bit more less.. Also I just tried it out with volume on both amp and electric guitar turned to MAX 10. And as I went through the five-way switch selection.. Position 1 & Position 3 & Position 5 makes extremely loud buzzing, and the buzzing continues even when I'm playing or not (buzzing is so huge that's it's almost louder than my playing...). Position 2 & 4 still makes buzzing sound but much more less comparing to the other 3 Positions, and with position 2 & 4 when I put my hand on the strings the buzzing noise is gone, however it makes the sound "click" everytime I touch the strings. ALSO, this problem didn't exist when I first bought the guitar few days ago until just now, I did clean the guitar "gently & properly " since it's second-handed, so I wonder what cause this problem..?
why do you have your amp turned up to 10

most household amps were never meant to be played at 10. if it is a standard 60 cycle hum, and you have your amp cranked as loud as it can go, that obviously explains the problem of the "loud hum"

the other guitar that didn't have the problem, does it have single coils or humbuckers? did you have the amp maxed out when you tested that one?
Quote by stepchildusmc