Just a quick question about the Tremol-no before I buy.

Basically, my guitar is in standard tuning & I want to be able to go down to drop c. If I set the tremolno to hardtail mode, will this allow me to de-tune the guitar without any issues?

I know if I do that then set the tremolno to free floating mode after it will mess up the tuning, but should it be alright if I just set it to hardtail and tune down?

Sorry if this is confusing :p
Quote by kurdtkobaign

On the other hand, if your mids are at zero and youre trying for a live gig situation - best of luck. Might as well just get a bass and put fuzz over it.
as long as the trem is blocked u shouldn't have any problem down tuning or tuning up. just put a little extra tension on the springs so it will act more like a fender style whammy bar and u should be all set
You could prolly remove it if you are gonna downtune, the springs should keep the bridge forced down, and even more so with less string tension.

The tremolo-no is for when you have to much string tension over spring tension and you don't want the bridge to move, or want to ensure that it wont move.

Personally, I'd just use a couple blocks of wood on both sides of the sustain block and just jam them in there real good, does the exact same thing for only pennies.
Right, thanks man!
Quote by kurdtkobaign

On the other hand, if your mids are at zero and youre trying for a live gig situation - best of luck. Might as well just get a bass and put fuzz over it.
Yeah i have one. if the bridge is level in standard, you can leave in free floating mode. if you want to go down to drop C, you will need to put it in hardtail mode. putting in free floating WHILE in drop C will result in a total screw up.
If in drop C, be hardtail. Then tune back to standard, so you can do free floating
yeah that should work

however, tuning from e to drop c is a pretty big difference in tension- if you use your perfect string gauge for E, they're going to feel like elastic bands in drop C, and likewise if you use your favourite gauge for drop C they're gonna be ridiculously tight and hard to bend in E. You could go for a compromise in the middle, but then nowhere is going to feel "right" (well, unless you tune to Eb at times too).

Just worth pointing out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?