The picture is an Ibanez Edgie II Tremolo..... But how do I tighten the springs? The guitar is factory tuned to D and I want it restored back up to E, without the bridge sitting at a bad angle...

Cheers
Attachments:
2011-12-28 18.15.10.png
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Unscrew that cover and then screw the plate the springs are attached to in. Make sure you have some slack in your strings, or you'll likely snap them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Unscrew that cover and then screw the plate the springs are attached to in. Make sure you have some slack in your strings, or you'll likely snap them.

To get slack, should I get a cloth or a rag and place it under the floating bridge?
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Quote by Lee Makky
To get slack, should I get a cloth or a rag and place it under the floating bridge?

Just detune your guitar.
Okay, first things first. Have you simply re-tuned your guitar to the tuning you want? You're talking about changing it from D to E (standard), right? If you do this you might not need to adjust your trem springs at all.

But if you do, just remove the back plate and you'll see how your springs are attached to a piece of metal held in place by two wood screws. Loosening each of those wood screws about a half turn -- and then re-tuning your guitar -- should do the trick. If not, loosen them another half turn each, re-tune & check again. Repeat as necessary.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Since that look like a "Zero Point" quick adjustment setup you do not need to remove the cover or need a screwdriver. All you need to do is spin that knob in the right direction to balance the bridge. Tighten if the bridge is raised up or loosin if the bridge is sunk down. They don't get any easier than these things, there should be a little graph on there that shows what way to spin it to be (- or +) tighter or looser.

Damn man, how can you see that?

I think my eyesight is going or something...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native