I can't sing for shit, I need some nice simple songs to impress my parents/friends, any suggestions?
so i'm looking for some songs that sound nice on steel acoustic guitar that require no backing vocals, drums or w/e, just the guitar.
thanks guys
Guns N Roses- Used to love her (but I had to kill her)
Motorhead-*****house blues
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Eh Eh nithing else i can say
Paparazzi
Poker Face
Wake up in the morning I'm feelin' like p Diddy
Bad romance
Telephone
Raindance Magie
Californication
Maybe (Brainstorm)
I'm not religious, but it feels so good, make me wanna pray (Madonna)
Basically any song that you like, take acoustic version of it, or the chords, and just simply arrange it for acoustic guitar. What's the problem?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Guns N Roses- Used to love her (but I had to kill her)
Motorhead-*****house blues

did you even read my post??

i want ACOUSTIC songs, with NO VOCALS...
You can literally turn any song into an acoustic version, I do it all the time since I can't sing. Take a song, learn the melody, learn the chords and play them together.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
You can literally turn any song into an acoustic version, I do it all the time since I can't sing. Take a song, learn the melody, learn the chords and play them together.

but simply playing the chords to the songs doesnt sound good imo. also, I want something to impress parents, no no one else would be able to help me playing the melody or w/e (aka 1 guitar, that's it). I'm learning some fingerstyle, but I won't be any good at it for a long while
Quote by icecoldstar
but simply playing the chords to the songs doesnt sound good imo. also, I want something to impress parents, no no one else would be able to help me playing the melody or w/e (aka 1 guitar, that's it). I'm learning some fingerstyle, but I won't be any good at it for a long while

*play them together* meaning the melody and the chords. A la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuheW0e_Lhc That's a difficult one but honestly you could do this too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Vs31ecBmQ

Saying you won't be any good at it for a long time is a cop out. Make an easier version and then go from there.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Dec 28, 2011,
Is There anybody Out There- Pink Floyd

Sound awesome and uses basic chord shapes with a little bit of picking to learn.
I think this is basically like something you are looking for.

Other than that just make something up. play some chords together, throw in some finger picking and anyone who doesn't play guitar will be impressed.
Quote by pullingthrough
Is There anybody Out There- Pink Floyd

Sound awesome and uses basic chord shapes with a little bit of picking to learn.
I think this is basically like something you are looking for.

Other than that just make something up. play some chords together, throw in some finger picking and anyone who doesn't play guitar will be impressed.

What he said. No vocals and improves thy fingerpicking.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
suck it up and sing horribly. i can t sing but i do. try something simple like otis reding's " sittin' on the dock of the bay" simple song and good singing abilities are not required.
Quote by icecoldstar

With that attitude you will never get good. It's not about impressing people, it's about finding your voice using the tool (hands, guitar, strings, etc.) to get the sound you want. Anybody can learn a few songs and impress anyone. Shit I impressed my buddy years ago when I was a teenager just playing "One" by Metallica on the electric guitar.

As far as you won't get any good at fingerpicking for awhile: HOG WASH! Most of it is about spending no less than 15 minutes a day to as long as you want. It's that simple. I found my nitch in fingerpicking after playing on and off for years, and I have to say if this is your attitude I am not sure you are playing for the right reasons. The right reasons, is to play in a way that makes you happy. I started to get good in less time than expected. Granted I am no Eric Sardinas but never tried to be either.

I can sit all day on my couch with a movie on or not and play finger picking melodies till my fingers are tired or/and hurt. I don't care to learn other peoples songs and probably never will. I take melodies from books, lessons, etc. and learn from them. Then take days where I don't pull out the books, youtube lessons, etc and just play. I find things in those lessons and find my voice, my music, and that is what it is all about for me. Not to have someone impressed and to pat me on my back.

Sorry for the rant but it needed to be said.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
let it be, the chords are g, d, em, and c. strumming pattern is dduudu extremely easy
Anything by Oasis usually works acoustically. Paul Weller's Days Of Speed album is also a good one to listen to, it's a show he did with just himself and an acoustic guitar.

They both have vocals, but they aren't difficult and your family/friends won't care too much - they'll be more impressed that you tried, and when playing to friends you may even find that someone wants to join in and become your singer.

If you want an instrumental acoustic tune though, go to my profile and check out the song called "Interlude". It was written as a piece for a single acoustic guitar, anything else in the recording is just for the sake of the recording.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud