So I ended up making a Craigslist trade today, gotta love NYC Craigslist- it has EVERYTHING. The guy who traded it to me was really cool, and I may end up sitting in with his band, if not joining as their bassist/keyboardist/auxiliary guitarist! I traded him my EHX Bass Big Muff and $125 cash, two things I was not willing to give up for just any pedal. But this is not just any pedal!

So, here's what you came here for:

One more, for a size comparison with my Champ. It's HUGE:

It's a VanAmps Sole-Mate reverb pedal! It's from their original run of pedals, which means it has the Accutronix tank inside it, as opposed to the new MOD tanks. That's right, there's an actual spring reverb tank inside this pedal, in case you didn't know! It sounds FANTASTIC!

I'm a huge reverb freak, I love surf rock and indie rock, and spring reverb is one of my favorite sounds. I haven't used spring since I sold my Blues Jr two years ago to pay for my Orange, and I've been using an EHX Holy Grail+ since then. I thought it was great, but then I got this!

Unfortunately, my Dual Terror is still in my parents' basement upstate, but should be coming down to Brooklyn soon. It may end up living in my company's recording studio for my team to use when writing film/tv/commercial scores. I can't wait to try this pedal with the Orange and see how it works out. Until then, I'm using my trusty little Champ 600, which now sounds 100000x better with this pedal. Classic Fender, all the way. I'm also excited about the aux jack on the pedal, which I will be using to switch channels on my DT, since this pedal is so big I have no business keeping my one button Orange footswitch (which is seriously 5x bigger than it needs to be, can we all just admit that?) on the board.

I whipped up a quick demo of the pedal into my Apogee Jam/iPad Garageband. I played some little funky chords, some open strummed chords, and then cranked the reverb up some more for a little bit of drippy surf riffs/chords. You can check that out here:
http://soundcloud.com/scottydanger/vanamps-sole-mate-demo
Telecaster -> VanAmps Sole-Mate -> Apogee Jam -> iPad -> Garageband (with 'Sparkling Clean' amp, all EQ at 5)
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
A lot of people don't think the Holy Grail is particularly good (the EHX Cathedral is much better) but that looks really interesting and booteek.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Congrats man. You should get some sound clips posted when you have time.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
Congrats man. You should get some sound clips posted when you have time.

Already did that, there's a soundcloud link at the bottom of my post!

Here it is again: http://soundcloud.com/scottydanger/vanamps-sole-mate-demo

it's not much, but it's something!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite