Hello people, I think Im having ground problems with my guitar the thing is I've had this guitar for like a year and I dont really remember having noise related problems but when Im playing I can hear that hum noise ( you know which one i mean) but you can only really hear it with heavy distortion which i use a lot, you cant really hear it clean.

But the thing is, as soon as I touch one of the volume or tone knobs, the noise dissapears. So Im guessing it is ground problem, any ideas of what i could do? Thank you in advance for any help!
Open the electronics cavity and look to seeif there are any loose wires.

Are your knobs metal or plastic? (I'm assuming metal)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by damienro0
it is ground problem, any ideas of what i could do?
Well this is pretty crazy idea but, you could reattach the ground wire?
Quote by StateFarmsThere
Check your wiring. Its prolly the output jack ground, most likely ground to break.

Im sorry Im not really familiar with wiring and stuff, Im guessing from your explanation, theres a ground wire, and it needs to be connected to the break, right? but what is the break.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Open the electronics cavity and look to seeif there are any loose wires.

Are your knobs metal or plastic? (I'm assuming metal)

Yeah they are metal! Gonna check for loose wires, the thing is if i see loose wires, i dont really know much about where they should be connected so, any info on that?
Quote by BobDetroit
Well this is pretty crazy idea but, you could reattach the ground wire?

Sorry am not that familiar with wiring and stuff, what is the ground wire, and it should be reatacched to where?
Its just another wire. Open it up and see it anything is loose. If so post back and tell us where unattached wire begins.
Thank you people, I've checked if any of the wires are loose and they arent, I started checking with only one pedal and all my cables and I realized there wasnt any noise at all, Im guessing its one of my pedals in the signal chain producing that noise, or maybe the electricity, I have no idea..