Page 1 of 2
Right-o, it's some kind of a holiday this week, so I want to make myself a gift.

I gots a wee bit'o gold(money), and I am deciding whether to buy a blunt sword or a katana?

The sword is quite long, but it is absolutely blunt and can't be sharpened, so it can't be used for stabbing or hacking people.

The katana is a usual rip-off cheap'o katana, which compared to a good one, counts as a blunt novelty weapon, but, compared to the blunt sword, is pretty sharp and can be sharpened and used to stab and cut people.

ALL of them are cheap, non-professional, and probably not intended for practical use, but I always wanted a cool weapon in mah' house and I can afford only one, the blunt sword or a somewhat dangerous katana, although using the sword as a blunt weapon would certainly surprise my enemies.
Is this some sort of rpg joke?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Is this some sort of rpg joke?

No

Quote by Palodigon
enemies? stabbing people?

the **** are you talking about?

I am not denying the possible possibility of me being an enemy to someone who would be my enemy.
Last edited by Zeletros at Dec 28, 2011,
A cheap stainless steel katana is about as dangerous as a cheap stainless steel broadsword. So not at all really.
While both cool, I'd go for the sword. Katanas are so overdone.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by SpartanTHC
A cheap stainless steel katana is about as dangerous as a cheap stainless steel broadsword. So not at all really.

But compared to a blunt stainless steel longsword..?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Buy some arrows.

And take them to people's knees

I like bows only if I get to practically use them. And practicing archery is not an option for me.

Quote by SpartanTHC
If you hit anything or anyone with either, you'll end up with two halves of a sword.

Now that ain't true
Quote by Zeletros
But compared to a blunt stainless steel longsword..?

If you hit anything or anyone with either, you'll end up with two halves of a sword.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Buy some arrows.

And take them to people's knees

i used to make many a-skyrim references....

and then i took an arrow to my knee...
Last edited by itamar100 at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by itamar100
i used to make many a-skyrim references....

and then i took an arrow to my knee...

I was playing it yesterday, and some guy said 'I was fighting for the Stormcloaks...

... until I took a sword through the chest.'

A bit shocked when I was expecting the arrow line
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was playing it yesterday, and some guy said 'I was fighting for the Stormcloaks...

... until I took a sword through the chest.'

A bit shocked when I was expecting the arrow line

How about some OT until you take a blunt sword through the chest?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
unless they're proper and for some kind of practical use there's no point asking, get what you think is cooler

both are situational weapons anyway

I think they're both cool, I like the sword, because it is long, heavy and badass, I like the katana because it's not blunt and has at least 1% practical use.

Quote by add_g
get a zweihänder

They have only

Excalibur

Flamberge

William Wallace Sword

I can afford any of those, but only 1
Get the sharper one and have a fatal, not so tragic accident involving yourself.
Neither one is going to really cut anything (even if you sharpen the katana, it will be limited by the construction and will never do anything more than paper cut someone); so go based on looks. The long sword will look cooler hanging on the wall.

I'm looking at buying one of these, actually. They come pre-sharpened and are actually meant to be used as swords: http://www.medievalware.com/Bastard-Sword-p/54020va.htm
Last edited by ZanasCross at Dec 28, 2011,
I own an actual longsword and katana (ie. not cheap knockoffs), and honestly the katana would be much more useful in a practical application, the longsword's just good at being big and looking cool.
Quote by Alex Vik
I own an actual longsword and katana (ie. not cheap knockoffs), and honestly the katana would be much more useful in a practical application, the longsword's just good at being big and looking cool.

your katana must be SIGNIFICANTLY less cheap than your longsword, then

or your longsword training is far less
Katana and do this .
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by MakinLattes
Get a machete.

I actually considered that,

I could actually afford 2x of

And they're, um "real", but I didn't find them in our local shops
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd rather dual wield two real machetes than one fake katana.

Me too, except they're not for sale in my country, not that I found in shops at least
Quote by Ichikurosaki
your katana must be SIGNIFICANTLY less cheap than your longsword, then

or your longsword training is far less

Well, I did get the longswords for a steal at an auction, but it's true that I'm not trained with either sword. My longswords also only have a one handed hilt, and I'm not really all that strong.
Quote by Zeletros
ALL of them are cheap, non-professional, and probably not intended for practical use, but I always wanted a cool weapon in mah' house and I can afford only one, the blunt sword or a somewhat dangerous katana, although using the sword as a blunt weapon would certainly surprise my enemies.

No!

Get something functional here!

With either of them, assuming they are both stainless steel, don't do this with them... just in case
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, I did get the longswords for a steal at an auction, but it's true that I'm not trained with either sword. My longswords also only have a one handed hilt, and I'm not really all that strong.

Not really a longsword then, since those are designed to be able to use two hands.

Is it an arming sword?

---

Anyway, I'd rather have a European style sword. At some point in the future I'm going to start collecting medieval weapons, but I don't have any yet. When I get around to it, a greatsword and a viking war axe are the first on the list, followed by a flanged mace and a longsword...
Probably sword. I'm too big of a guy to use a Katana how it was intended.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Zeletros
I only have like 50 euros

Then don't buy a sword. Cheap swords are just corny.
Page 1 of 2