Soo im looking for a tube amp and im struggling for ideas so please help me out! :P
Budget: £650
Genres: Rock/Blues/metal/Indie/Alternative/Hard Rock/Shred
Current Gear: PRS SE Custom 24, Fender Lonestar Strat, Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera 1
Favourite Artists: Ozzy Osbourne (Mostly Zakk + Randy Stuff), Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Darkness, Jimi Hendrix, Cage the Elephant, Stevie Ray Vaughan (I need something versatile basically)

I'd also like the amp to be able to take pedals well.

I dont mind if it's new or used, preferably a combo or a micro stack. It will be used for home practice, practice with a band and small pub/club gig's. Also i have access to 2 large music stores and i know a guy from a small store who can get stuff in fairly easy for me so finding things shouldn't be a problem.

All replies will be very much appreciated

Cheers People!!
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Carvin V3m
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Like the look of these two keep the ideas rolling people
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Perfect. The Line 6 Spider IV 75W 1x12 combo amp. Artist presets, great effects, many options. You can create your own custom tones too. You can also buy a pedal board to switch between the effects. I think the board is called a FBV Shortboard MkII. Test it out at one of your local guitar shops! They'll probably have it.
Quote by tacobellman2007
Perfect. The Line 6 Spider IV 75W 1x12 combo amp. Artist presets, great effects, many options. You can create your own custom tones too. You can also buy a pedal board to switch between the effects. I think the board is called a FBV Shortboard MkII. Test it out at one of your local guitar shops! They'll probably have it.

Oh god no.
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
Quote by tacobellman2007

Thanks for posting dude but i have a vypyr as it is and i find it much better than a spider, also im after a tube amp
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Quote by Cruel Angel
Oh god no.

Lol. I started playing guitar in 2008. But I play like I started last year. I never have the time to just "practice" and play. I focus more in school-related things. I'm just a poor hobbyist. The amp works out for my necessities, though.

Quote by MrWilson6
Thanks for posting dude but i have a vypyr as it is and i find it much better than a spider, also im after a tube amp

Oh all right. Sorry for misreading :P
Quote by tacobellman2007
Lol. I started playing guitar in 2008. But I play like I started last year. I never have the time to just "practice" and play. I focus more in school-related things. I'm just a poor hobbyist. The amp works out for my necessities, though.

That's cool, but please don't go around recommending Spider amps, they're ok for begginers, but they sound extremely digital.
Quote by Soldier Poet
Vox AC30? Or AC15.

the vox amps will never reach enough gain for metal.
Quote by itamar100

With a few good pedals they can sound very metal-esque.
Quote by Cruel Angel
With a few good pedals they can sound very metal-esque.

but that would mean spending extra money on pedals. dont get me wrong - i LOVE vox ac30 amps but they just arent versatile enough for his needs.
Quote by itamar100

Some metal. They could cover pretty much every artist he listed. The guitarist in the Subways and Brian May both get really high gain sounds out of AC30s.
At that budget, I'd suggest looking into some Fender amps (which are usually known to take pedals well), like the Hot Rod or Blues Junior or maybe a used Twin Reverb of some sort, or perhaps some of the Egnater amps, like the Tweaker or Rebel.

I've actually been checking out various AC30's recently myself, but I don't know if I'm all that fond of the way their natural overdrive sounds when you try to up the gain significantly. I like them for a "clean" sound that is really slightly breaking up ("almost clean"), with the reverb and tremolo engaged for air and mood. They're attractive because of the vintagey vibe that emanates from them.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Dec 28, 2011,