I kept noticing a piercing high end when i got the amp. The guy before me loaded it with 4 TAD and 2 Ruby KT88s. It also seemed to get way too hot with those tubes. My parents got me a set of Ruby EL34s for Christmas and i biased the head to 63-65mA per pair. It sounds freakin great now. The youtube video doesn't do the head justice but you can tell that the piercing icepick highs are gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLzTlnZDx4U&feature=youtu.be

Throw some kickass NOS into V1 FTW?

Nice amp!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Throw some kickass NOS into V1 FTW?

Nice amp!

I think i'm gonna go with some Ruby HG+ in the preamp section next. I have a mix of EH and Ruby tubes in it now.
Nice! I've got 4 Ruby EL-34s and a pair of SED =C= 6550s in mine. Sounds beastly.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
On your awesome amp. That is why the "peace" emoticon is next to it.
Quote by Sputnik1
On your awesome amp. That is why the "peace" emoticon is next to it.

Haha i sry. Man i wanted it for 8 years before i broke down and saved the lump sum to get it.
Don't use EHX preamp tubes. And if buying Rubies look up what they actually are, they rebrand lots of things. Just saying "Ruby" means nothing. That's like answering "what sort of car did you buy?" with "A red one."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Don't use EHX preamp tubes. And if buying Rubies look up what they actually are, they rebrand lots of things. Just saying "Ruby" means nothing. That's like answering "what sort of car did you buy?" with "A red one."

EH actually sound great with Rectos and i had a few laying around to try out. The Ruby HG+ are consistent high grade tubes so i'm not too worried if they're rebranded. If they're good enough for Peter Diezel to put in stock then they're good enough for me.
The Ruby HG+ is a Chinese valve iirc. They are a pretty good high gain tube. The good Chinese valves are actually quite decent these days and those are one of the good Chinese ones if they are the ones I'm thinking of.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Dan_5893
That thing has 6 power tubes?

Mother of god.

HNTD!

Yeah 180 watts. It's a monster but it's incredibly versatile.
Quote by Dan_5893
I don't doubt it, Diezels are amazing amps. Enjoy man! Have you looked into the Preamp tubes?

I'll probably swap them out within the next month or so. The ones that i have in it sound really good at the moment.