It's not bad at all. It's an entry-level Fender, but a good bass in its own right.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's a bit pointless asking what the bass is like when you've already bought it...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I'm don't really dig the fact they're made in China and are advertised as "proper Fenders" when they're straight out of the Squier factory. They're making a quick buck off a 5c decal.
But hey, if it plays and sounds good and the player reckons its worth the money who cares.
Quote by fleajr_1412
It's a bit pointless asking what the bass is like when you've already bought it...

Yea lol... I assume it's going to be like a stingray copy without a preamp. Can't imagine it sounding like a jazz bass, it just looks like one.

Didn't spaz or someone have one of these and get the wrong color but couldn't get a refund so they had to trade it off? Might have been the jazz with P pups model though. I think whoever it was ended up with an Eden combo and a 5 stringer ( so maybe not spaz)
Quote by consecutive e
I'm don't really dig the fact they're made in China and are advertised as "proper Fenders" when they're straight out of the Squier factory. They're making a quick buck off a 5c decal.
But hey, if it plays and sounds good and the player reckons its worth the money who cares.

+1

Same line as the CV's but with American inspectors and parts from the Mexican factory.

Random checks are also part of the QC system.

Just to add I tried the Jaguar model it was an okay bass but they should price it a bit lower.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I don't get why they're pricing Modern Players the same as MIM Blacktops if they're made in China to cut costs. They already have the Squier CV and VMs at a nice price point, what is essentially a re-branded CV or VM in a different configuration priced the same as an MIM model ($150 more then the Squiers), and the MIM Standards have gotten a price hike. Shit gets confusing.

If they start overlapping maybe they'll just brand everything $500-$1000 a Squender and be done with it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by askrere
Didn't spaz have one of these and get the wrong color but couldn't get a refund so they had to trade it off?

Do you think he would have kept it if it had been perfect?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Tostitos

If they start overlapping maybe they'll just brand everything $500-$1000 a Squender and be done with it.

Just wait until the NAMM show they are rumored to release something similar to what you are saying.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I feel like if it's a squier in name, birth or spirit, thats saying it should be no more than $399.99 ever. The 50's single coil P bass is right at $350 and it's right up there in price for a squier.

Don't get me wrong I have no qualms with squier or fender. I think in todays diversified global economy though, it's getting harder to truly complain and understand how these things get built, where and from what. I think it's coming to a time where fender just happens to have factories in several countries, and can use them all to produce what they need when they need it. That is after all exactly what Leo wanted, a guitar that can be mass produced essentially anywhere by anyone relatively easily in a production line.
Quote by askrere
I feel like if it's a squier in name, birth or spirit, thats saying it should be no more than $399.99 ever. The 50's single coil P bass is right at $350 and it's right up there in price for a squier.

Don't get me wrong I have no qualms with squier or fender. I think in todays diversified global economy though, it's getting harder to truly complain and understand how these things get built, where and from what. I think it's coming to a time where fender just happens to have factories in several countries, and can use them all to produce what they need when they need it. That is after all exactly what Leo wanted, a guitar that can be mass produced essentially anywhere by anyone relatively easily in a production line.

yeah. where it is made shouldn't be important. if it were doable to make a MIA quality fender in China to save some money, I'd buy it everyday. I don't care where it is made. however, MIAs features better pickups and wood, so there is some point in taking where something is made as a point of reference. but the fact where something is made alone, gives you nothing. Do i bring myself clear?

And yes, what's the point of asking if a bass is good when you already ordered it...

And please, don't let squender to become true god, please!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by dark Mass
Just wait until the NAMM show they are rumored to release something similar to what you are saying.

Like a complete overhaul of the MIM lines? They've had so many releases this last year for both Squier and Fender, I haven't heard anything yet about NAMM.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Like a complete overhaul of the MIM lines? They've had so many releases this last year for both Squier and Fender, I haven't heard anything yet about NAMM.

Most of the rumors state that MIM line is to be going through reduction of production and slowly shifted to China, Indonesia, and India.

Other are listed below.
1.MIJ instruments are going to replace the MIM.
2.MIM plant is shifting to a parts manufacturing role.
3.Reducing the Artist models down to 4-5 models

Though these are just rumors.
Last edited by dark Mass at Dec 29, 2011,
That might actually be nice if they started introducing more MIJ Fenders to take over the middle-upper price point right under MIAs, maybe open up some of their Japan-only models for export.

Hopefully we'll find out in a few weeks.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
That might actually be nice if they started introducing more MIJ Fenders to take over the middle-upper price point right under MIAs, maybe open up some of their Japan-only models for export.

Hopefully we'll find out in a few weeks.

Maybe but with the Yen being strong at 77.7728JPY=1USD they won't be profiting from those instruments.
Quote by FatalGear41
Do you think he would have kept it if it had been perfect?

This is jon we're talking about here...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding