Poll: Did you achieve last year's resolutions?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you achieve last year's resolutions?
Hell Yeah, I'm awesome!
9 7%
Nope :(
26 20%
Don't care about New Year's Resolutions
48 37%
Potato
47 36%
Voters: 130.
Page 1 of 3
Hey Pitmonkeys!

So with the New Year coming up this weekend and the (according to some) the last year of our existence is ahead of us, what are your resolutions?

Also, I find that I can't even remember my last year's resolutions so I'm guessing I didn't achieve them. So tell me, what are you resolutions for 2012? What were you resolutions for 2011 and did you achieve them?

Mine:

- Lose a stone
- Finally get gigs with my band
- Visit a far away country
- TBA

Happy New Year in advance

PS: A little poll just outta interest.
Lose weight
Eat healthily
Exercise more
They all tie together really.
Oh and finally get a shag.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Lose weight
Eat healthily
Exercise more
They all tie together really.
Oh and finally get a shag.

Living in North Yorkshire ain't gonna help you with the last one!

Sort it out mate!
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
It's not really a resolution, but I'll most likely try to quit smoking next year.
Oh, and try to get my business sorted.
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 28, 2011,
Be able to run 5k without stopping
Get abs
Find a singer and a drummer for my band
Get laid
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Get my mental health under control and finish school. 2011 was the worst year of my life but I'm pretty sure things are looking better, just need to work on my OCD.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
All my resolutions before this year's was to get a job. For this year's, I said there wasn't going to be any resolution. And this year I got a job.

That's why I don't like to make promises.
Oh I've got tons of ideas but no definitive list yet.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Oh I've got tons of ideas but no definitive list yet.

Care to name a few ideas? :P

I also want to to well in uni...but that's a given.
I picked potato because I'm German.

OT:

- Get serious relationship that lasts
- Write a song I will actually listen to the whole way through

Quote by naw2
Mine was to quit smoking. Simple and hopefully do-able. I failed, trying again this year.

Hope you do it man, addiction is hard. Good luck.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Dec 28, 2011,
Not sure yet, but some ideas are:

- snack less and exercise more
- tackle problems head on instead of ignoring them
- read more
- write more music
- buy less stuff I don't need
- complete project big Kit Kat (codename: BFKK)
Last edited by homeless-john at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by thedefrockednun
Care to name a few ideas? :P

I also want to to well in uni...but that's a given.

Preliminary list:

• Gain an additional 10 kg
  • Increase all my lifts with atleast 25 kg
  • Join a sports team (american football most likely)
  • Learn atleast 2 languages fluently (chinese, portuguese and french)
  • Travel abroad for a longer trip (train, bike, motorcycle, car)
  • Finish my bachelor's essay
  • Get a motorcycle/motorcycle license
  • Go to bed before midnight
  • Stop procastrinating
Last edited by Kensai at Dec 29, 2011,
Quote by Kensai
Preliminary list:

• Gain an additional 10 kg
  • Increase all my lifts with atleast 25 kg
  • Join a sports team (american football most likely)
  • Learn atleast 2 languages fluently (chinese, portuguese and french)
  • Travel abroad for a longer trip (train, bike, motorcycle, car)
  • Finish my bachelor's essay
  • Get a motorcycle/motorcycle license

How long have you been working out Kensai?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
How long have you been working out Kensai?

On and off for a year now.
Quote by Kensai
On and off for a year now.

Kinda like me, but 25 kg in all the lifts is kinda hard, In something like bench press it would be easy but other things like hand-related weights(No idea how to say it in english) would be kinda hard, shouldn't you divide it to different goals?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
mine is to prevent as many people from achieving their resolutions as possible.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
hand-related weights(No idea how to say it in english)

dumbbells?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

dumbbells?

Yeah dumbbells and stuff, things that work on your arms and not other major muscles.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Kinda like me, but 25 kg in all the lifts is kinda hard, In something like bench press it would be easy but other things like hand-related weights(No idea how to say it in english) would be kinda hard, shouldn't you divide it to different goals?

Well I don't mean "all lifts" like all lifts possible, but just the ones I'm currently doing. Of course they'll change.

How about, increase the cumuluative weight increase to 175 kg, all lifts put together? Like if I increase squat with 50, deadlift with 50, bench with 30, military press with 20, and barbell rows with 25 I've got an accumulated lift inrease of 175 kg.
Quote by Kensai
Well I don't mean "all lifts" like all lifts possible, but just the ones I'm currently doing. Of course they'll change.

How about, increase the cumuluative weight increase to 175 kg, all lifts put together? Like if I increase squat with 50, deadlift with 50, bench with 30, military press with 20, and barbell rows with 25 I've got an accumulated lift inrease of 175 kg.

Yeah that's good, that's what I used to do when I was more into getting bigger but now with me joining the army soon it's kinda pointless.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Yeah that's good, that's what I used to do when I was more into getting bigger but now with me joining the army soon it's kinda pointless.

Don't know about your army, but most people here get heavier and stronger. What position are you going into?
Quote by Kensai
Don't know about your army, but most people here get heavier and stronger. What position are you going into?

Err I'm thinking about on how to say it in english, I'll probably be an officer who handles all the radio contact in the unit, if not I'll be a normal infantry, You can't really get bigger when you don't have a gym to train in and you go home every 2-3 weeks for the weekend.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
**** resolutions. All they do is give you new things to add to a list of failures
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
I was supposed to quit smoking, eat healthy, drink less and do more exercise. Well, I've just finished a beer, I'm rolling a cigarette, eating chocolate and I've still not seen a gym.
Next year I will take up that challenge to read the Bible 10 minutes a day to have it read in a year, but I also want to keep a journal to summarize, analyze, and criticize it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Err I'm thinking about on how to say it in english, I'll probably be an officer who handles all the radio contact in the unit, if not I'll be a normal infantry, You can't really get bigger when you don't have a gym to train in and you go home every 2-3 weeks for the weekend.

I got the same position when I had to enlist. Got out of it though on account of my bad joints. Strange you don't have a gym but you must have some sort of strengthening programme. Good luck anyways, don't get killed or anything.
Haven't made any for about a decade now I don't think.

I'll make some now on the spot just so they're in writing to look back on.

I will not **** around in Uni, and I will come out with a decent grade
I will finish recording the album I'm working on before summer
I will improve my lifestyle health-wise (diet and exercise)
I will complete the cinnamon challenge
Quote by Kensai
I got the same position when I had to enlist. Got out of it though on account of my bad joints. Strange you don't have a gym but you must have some sort of strengthening programme. Good luck anyways, don't get killed or anything.

Thanks

You get stronger obviously, but you don't grow like you would do in a gym, you get fitter also, some units have a gym but as far as I know infantry units don't have a gym, maybe only the elite ones.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Study harder and learn conversational Mandarin and do chemistry problems for an hour every day.
cat
My resolutions:
Play several gigs. Maybe even do a small tour.
Drink more.
Lose some more weight(last years resolution, achieved.)
Get a tattoo.
Tell my boss at Burger King to shove it.
''In the depths of a mind insane,
fantasy and reality are the same!''- Slayer, Dead Skin Mask
Quote by ThorDevlin
Tell my boss at Burger King to shove it.

now, the best way to go about that, would be to learn this song and sing and play it for him. extra points if you can get a backing band to play along with you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
This Years Resolution : 1440x900
Next Years : maybe 1680x1050?

But seriously. I'm already making leaps and bounds with my guitar work. Now I just need to lose weight and get my career on track.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by theogonia777
now, the best way to go about that, would be to learn this song and sing and play it for him. extra points if you can get a backing band to play along with you.

hmm.. I think i can find a backing band. I'll need to work on my southern drawl though. I did live in Louisiana for a little while, so if i can channel my inner-redneck, I should be ok. Who's got some Budweiser?
''In the depths of a mind insane,
fantasy and reality are the same!''- Slayer, Dead Skin Mask
Page 1 of 3