Gots me one of dem MusicMan HD130 212s

Inside, a beast awaits...

...a rather handsome beast

Let me get up behind ya baby

dat tower

My particular model of this amp was made in the late 1970's and is similar to a Fender Deluxe Reverb or similar amplifier. Having played a wide range of genres with this model, I would say it is versatile in what it can do. This amp, being designed by Fender himself has that classic clear fender tone, which allows you to run a wide range of pedals, whilst still having a gorgeous tone in itself. This amp has two channels, a straight channel, and a reverb/tremolo channel. Due to the age of the amp channel switching is not a feature, however you can always use an A/B box or, just run it through the reverb channel like I do with the reverb and tremolo both being switchable. The reverb and tremolo are both analogue effects and have a nice natural sound which seem to go with anything. One thing I would say is that the reverb is a bit weak on lower volumes. Moving onto power, this amp has PLENTY - 130 Watts, running at around 700 volts at the plate, unlike other amps, which typically run at 400 volts or less. This power is delivered from 4 EL34 tubes driven by a solid-state preamp. This may put some off, and even I was a sceptic at first, but the solid-state preamp is probably the raunchiest and creamy tone I have ever heard. This amp if I was to describe it a sentence would be - "A fender twin's slutty sister".
I have played this guitar with my Les Paul, an SG copy and a Stratocaster and it is fair to say that this amp sounds amazing with any of them. I have successfully played a wide range of music through this amp, it is just a matter of fiddling with the controls until you get what you want. Shimmering, cleaner than clean cleans can be achieved by simply setting the preamp to 1 or 2, and adjusting the master volume to taste. However setting the preamp to around 5, giving the mids a little boost and cranking the master you can get that sort of sinister, Stooges or Neil Young (think Rockin' in the Free World). The clean headroom on this thing is insane, on either 65 or 130w mode. I would say the on-board gain just exceeds a boosted crunch tone, maybe a bit more. For brutal chugging tones, I put a HT-Dist X in front of it from Blackstar, and boom, there’s anything you could ever want in terms of metal tone. However, this amp is not really made for this yet takes it all in its stride, this is a REAL workhorse amp for a gigging musician.
This amp has survived since the 70's and was fairly worn when I bought it, although it came with a flight case included (sweet deal). MusicMan amps are famed for the almost overbuilt construction. To put it bluntly, this thing is a TANK. One thing that does worry me however is the fact that the tubes are running at around 700v, which means they probably won’t last as long as I might hope when ran at full volume. I'd gig happily without a backup, especially as the amp was serviced before purchase.
I play quite a wide range and am shocked at how well this amp just takes everything in its stride. Especially considering its age, and what it was 'meant' for. Not much is widely know about these amps, and they are a real find in my eyes (try looking on eBay for one!) Overall this amp has been fantastic and if it was lost or stolen I would be devastated because I honestly have never come across one before, and doubt I will soon, especially in the UK. Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Aerosmith have all used these amps, and to be honest I could see why! The natural tone of this amp is just fantastic. I was originally going to buy a JCM900, but then it was sold before I got to the store and this was there (talk about fate!). To be frank, I feel this amp needs no improvement, as it suits my needs perfectly without me even looking specifically for it. Sure its not ALL tube but this adds a certain 'under-dog charm’ that is reflected in the tone it makes. It is not quite a twin, but it sure is better!
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Awesome.

Enjoy it mate
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Cheers guys, I feel a bout of hearing damage happening very soon!
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
hey, this isn't were I parked my car.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Nice blast from the past! HNAD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Ill try get some sound clips/videos soon guys!
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Haha thats just my Phone camera, it doesn't like indoor light too much. I'll dig out my proper camera at some point
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
I opened this thread expecting a Hiwatt. I am dissappoint.

But for srs, HNAD. Great clean amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Its more than just a great clean amp!
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
More pics!

2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
HNAD! I played one at a used music store once and it really does sound damn good for a hybrid. Unfortunately someone had hacked it in half to make it into a head and I didn't have a good cab; otherwise I would've picked it up.

Anyways, enjoy dat headroom!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Oh so pretty

HNAD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by barden1069
HNAD! I played one at a used music store once and it really does sound damn good for a hybrid. Unfortunately someone had hacked it in half to make it into a head and I didn't have a good cab; otherwise I would've picked it up.

Anyways, enjoy dat headroom!

THEY DID WHAT?!

To be honest, I didn't believe the guy when he told me it was a solid state preamp.

2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Quote by Joshthedamaja
Haha thats just my Phone camera, it doesn't like indoor light too much. I'll dig out my proper camera at some point

All of us near blind old men appreciate your efforts.
dont worry their all safe and on stands!
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone