Poll: How often do you change your strings?
Poll Options
View poll results: How often do you change your strings?
I play a steel-stringed acoustic and change them once a week
1 7%
I play a steel-stringed acoustic and change them every other week
0 0%
I play a steel-stringed acoustic and change them every month
1 7%
I play a steel-stringed acoustic and change them every few months
4 27%
I play a steel-stringed acoustic and change them a few times a year or less
8 53%
I play a nylon-stringed acoustic and change them once a week
0 0%
I play a nylon-stringed acoustic and change them every other week
0 0%
I play a nylon-stringed acoustic and change them every month
0 0%
I play a nylon-stringed acoustic and change them every few months
1 7%
I play a nylob-stringed acoustic and change them a few times a year or less
0 0%
Voters: 15.
I change my strings every couple of months (maybe more) but I know many people around here change them much more frequently than that. So, this topic has two functions; first, survey the frequency with which most people change them and WHY.

In my case; I'm a hobby musician and don't play every day; I don't snap strings too often and rarely see a reason to change them before they snap (I play a classical guitar)

So, what about you?
Last edited by Lord Kamina at Dec 28, 2011,
I play both steel string and nylon string and change them whenever I can afford new strings. Nothing renews my love for playing guitar like putting new strings on; it makes playing so much more enjoyable, as well as improving the tone considerably.
Honestly my advice would be to invest in some slightly higher quality strings . These seem to hold their sound for at least 3x as long as a cheapy pair of strings, not to mention they hardly ever break. I've been jumping around between a lot of open tunings lately and my last pair of strings lasted for like 3 months until my High E string broke while tuning [of course]. Getting a nicer pair of strings is definitely worth it in the long run
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by MattsRichardson
Honestly my advice would be to invest in some slightly higher quality strings . These seem to hold their sound for at least 3x as long as a cheapy pair of strings, not to mention they hardly ever break. I've been jumping around between a lot of open tunings lately and my last pair of strings lasted for like 3 months until my High E string broke while tuning [of course]. Getting a nicer pair of strings is definitely worth it in the long run

To be honest I've no idea how good or not they're considered but since I've got a memory of buying strings I've been using Silver-plated D'Addario EJ45...