I had put these on a couple days ago, they sound really bright, cool for solos and stuff. But seems pretty bad when I try playing crunchy sounding riffs and stuff. any suggestions on a high quality string good for palm muting and soloing? i noticed they are made for jazz, maybe using them for metal isnt the best idea.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
They aren't for Jazz it's their way of sizing their strings.

As for the strings sounding bright that's because they're fresh out of the box.
Quote by dark Mass
They aren't for Jazz it's their way of sizing their strings.

As for the strings sounding bright that's because they're fresh out of the box.

alrighty, ill keep em on and see if it gets better for palm muting. i also have a shit amp too.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Yeah Jazz is just a name, as jazz/blues players tend to play thicker strings. I play metal too and they're nice strings, probably my favorite set of 11's, but not my favorite strings overall. I say this as someone who typically plays in Drop D.

If you can't get used to them, perhaps the Light Top Heavy Bottom, 10-52 set? I personally prefer thick strings for palm muting, crunchy rhythm, but still get the lighter top so soloing isn't a pain.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by Ghostmaker
Yeah Jazz is just a name, as jazz/blues players tend to play thicker strings. I play metal too and they're nice strings.

If you can't get used to them, perhaps the Light Top Heavy Bottom, 10-52 set? I personally prefer thick strings for palm muting, crunchy rhythm, but still get the lighter top so soloing isn't a pain.

ill just keep with them until its time for a change. i can say one thing they are a big improvement over the power slinkys i was using.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A