Page 1 of 2
Legit question. Think about it. Everyone give opinions, even if they know jack shit about the subject. Even if no one asked them. Even if they'll be ridiculed. Most replies are basically showing an opinion of something, regardless if you explicitly clarify you stance.

You'd think sitting down in the boat would be more beneficial to the individual than giving an opinion that might be disagreed with, yet most people don't care about the latter.

Give me your opinion on the subject. And if you get first post make it funny.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This forum would be ****ing awful if nobody talked about anything

Oh wait, it's ****ing awful regardless.
Check out my band Disturbed
Because a lot of us care about others and get interested in their opinions, I think.
My God, it's full of stars!
I think this thread is stupid.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Are you talking about this in a general sense or on this forum?

Regardless, I think that more people need to know when to not express their opinions. Though forums makes it easier to express whatever opinion you have with little effect on you, so we get a lot more "muck" around here.

Also, has anyone typed out a reply to something and just thought "Eh, fuck it" and just not post it?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I think yeah.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by rockingamer2
Also, has anyone typed out a reply to something and just thought "Eh, fuck it" and just not post it?

All the time.
Quote by StewieSwan
This forum would be ****ing awful if nobody talked about anything

Oh wait, it's ****ing awful regardless.

Soooo...leave?

I chalk it up to stupid people who think they need to be heard to be something, people who like screwing with the people who think they need to be heard, and the people who like watching the first two go at it, and comment accordingly to keep the arguments going.
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by rockingamer2
Are you talking about this in a general sense or on this forum?

Regardless, I think that more people need to know when to not express their opinions. Though forums makes it easier to express whatever opinion you have with little effect on you, so we get a lot more "muck" around here.

All the time.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

just like*

LRN 2 DUDE
Quote by ethan_hanus
Soooo...leave?

I'm too much of a philanthropist.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Dreadnought
just like*

LRN 2 DUDE

pfft, I didn't ask for your opinion.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by ethan_hanus
Soooo...leave?

I chalk it up to stupid people who think they need to be heard to be something, people who like screwing with the people who think they need to be heard, and the people who like watching the first two go at it, and comment accordingly to keep the arguments going.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Kensai
Legit question. Think about it. Everyone give opinions, even if they know jack shit about the subject. Even if no one asked them. Even if they'll be ridiculed. Most replies are basically showing an opinion of something, regardless if you explicitly clarify you stance.

You'd think sitting down in the boat would be more beneficial to the individual than giving an opinion that might be disagreed with, yet most people don't care about the latter.

Give me your opinion on the subject. And if you get first post make it funny.

Because most people on the internet are waking up to the fact that they are insignificant nobodies.

If they put their opinion on the internet, then they have at least made some sort of mark on the world, and that is really all they have. The less they know on the subject, the more important it is to them. The bright side, to them at least, is that they can always depend on a group of people who know nothing to form a mutual online support group.

It's not funny.

It's actually pretty pathetic.

And you can see it starting to branch out into the Real World as Occupy groups are formed out of the same idiots that are guided by people who's agendas they do not comprehend.

There's actually been a lot of studies done on the phenomenon.
Quote by rockingamer2

A fair amount of what I write just gets deleted. I get all into writing out a response and then just before I press 'post reply,' apathy takes hold and I click the back button.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Dec 28, 2011,
I was just talking about this with a few of my mates the other night. Weird.

You can't really help forming opinions on shit, it's just natural, but you should admit it if you haven't done your research on a subject and you might not know what you're on about. Then again, if someone does know (or claims to know) what they're talking about, you shouldn't just automatically take their word for it.

Stating your opinion even if you're clueless is fine for discussion. Arguing your point is fine if you accept the possibility you might be wrong. Problems arise when people form an opinion instantly on a subject, are absolutely convinced theirs is the only valid stance, and aren't interested in maybe learning something new.
I remember when I was a (awesome) mod/supermod, I would delete random peoples posts or change them to be embarassing. It was fun for everyone!

I post my opinions here because no one ever listens to me irl and here there's a chance someone might listen to me even if they disagree.

Quote by rockingamer2

Always
cat
Quote by Dreadnought
I remember when I was a (awesome) mod/supermod, I would delete random peoples posts or change them to be embarassing. It was fun for everyone!

You used to be awesome?
Quote by L2112Lif
From you two cesspools of despair and teenage cynicism, I am no' offended
Quote by Dreadnought
From you two cesspools of despair and teenage cynicism, I am no' offended

Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by slipknot5678
I just can't keep my beak closed ololo

Do you have a pet bird?
cat
Because The Patriots have brainwashed people to believe that their opinion makes them empowered and important.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by slipknot5678
No.

Birds owning birds (slavery)? Teh ****?

Oh okay. I always meant to ask but it was too irrelevant to whatever you were posting about.

And I don't support slavery in case you were wondering
cat
Quote by Kensai
Give me your opinion on the subject.

No.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Because the la li lu le lo have brainwashed people to believe that their opinion makes them empowered and important.

The what?
Quote by MakinLattes
I know everyone cares what I think. I'm just doing the world a service when I share my opinion.

In my opinion, I think it's just your opinion that the world's opinion is that everyone cares about your opinion.
Quote by L2112Lif
Page 1 of 2