I have a nice shape ESP/LTD EC-1000 Deluxe in black cherry that I'm thinking about trading in to GuitarCenter and pick-up another guitar from there. Guys have any idea what price they might offer me for it? Or possibly cut me a deal on the other guitar since im going to be picking up another one?

It's in great shape, no dents or scratches, was just set-up and intonated.

Any ideas?
-My Gear-

Ltd EC-1000 Cherry Red Finish
Schecter 006 Elite Deluxe w/SD Blk'outs

Epiphone Acoustic Dove

Line6 Pod HD400

Bugera 333 Head

Mesa 2x12 w/v30's

-Youtube Channel-

All I can tell you is they'll give you a lot less then what you think they will. Why not try going to a more local shop, they're more likely to give you a better deal.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
guitar center will not offer you much, they have to buy low and sell high because they are a business not a consumer. To you it's a guitar but to them it'll be another piece of stock they have to sell, if I were you i'd sell it privately
Quote by RealGuitarHero
All I can tell you is they'll give you a lot less then what you think they will. Why not try going to a more local shop, they're more likely to give you a better deal.

Local shops will pretty much give you less than what GC will sell it for, I've tried that route before.

Your best bet is to sell it on craigslist or independently so you get your money out of it.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Local shops will pretty much give you less than what GC will sell it for, I've tried that route before.

Your best bet is to sell it on craigslist or independently so you get your money out of it.

I have to disagree with you there but the craigslist option by far is a better idea so +1 to this.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
I have to disagree with you there but the craigslist option by far is a better idea so +1 to this.

Different experiences I suppose. I took my Trace Elliot to my local shop, it's a rare amp, but GC had one used. Ebay listed them used for over $800, but GC was selling one for $250, so that's what the local store offered me, and I said no.
Are you just selling it or looking to trade? Basically take what they go for on Ebay and divide it by 2. If you're looking to trade it for something they'll usually give you a deal on that to make up for the lower offer compared to the market's value of your guitar.

Sam Ash is the same way. You're far better off selling it yourself.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Just sell it privately. No store will give you what the guitar is actually worth because they always have to consider profit when they sell it.
I hated my experience at Guitar Center. I took my EC-401 in excellent shape with a Hetfield Truckster mod with the second selector switch and some idiot with a rat tail mohawk thing who obviously didn't know much about guitars couldn't figure it out. I explained like three times how the original switch was inactive (just like the Truckster) and it just blew his mind, so he wouldn't take it. They'll sell beat up amps and cabs that literally have DIRT on them, but they wouldn't take my guitar. I even asked the guy what he thought of my set up because I had just learned to do neck adjustments and stuff like that at the time he just kind of laughed it off and said, "I'm not a tech, so I don't know." It was ridiculous.
ESP Edwards Explorer - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD V-300 - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD EC-401 - DiMarzio D Activator
Ibanez RG2EX2 - DiMarzio Super Distortion / LiquiFire
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100
BOSS NS-2
Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner
my guess is they will give you $250-325 for it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Private sale is the best way to go.

Guitar Center will always buy low.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Guitar Center's used section pretty much operates as a pawn shop. They offer maybe 40% of what it's worth if you're lucky, then sell it for 90% of what they cost new. Sometimes they don't really know what it is or they offer a really good deal but you have to look for them.
The cool thing about craigslist is that you can keep on renewing it for free until you get your price. Someone will take it eventually.
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
first CL or eBay if your area doesn't have a good CL.

there are a few more variables that GC has, they buy it for probably 40% as the guy above stated, they don't want it hanging on the wall for six months. so if they deem it hard to flip they well offer less or not take it. or say they already have a couple in stock.

i went to see what they would offer on a Washburn (very nice guitar for its price) and they wouldn't even TAKE it because its policy not to take washburns. likely due to Dean.

CL all the way.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
GC just offered me $700 on my father's 6 month old, barely played, $1400 Fender American Deluxe Strat. He was thinking of trading for a Gretch but decided to hold on to the strat. I would try to sell your EC on CL or ebay if I were you.
Time Guitars Inc-Prime Time; Warmoth Custom Strat; LTD MH-350NT; Xaviere XV-560; Squier CV-50 Tele; Gibson LP Traditional Plus; Fender American Deluxe Strat; Fender American Special Strat; Martin Acoustic; Silvertone Blues Master ; Kramer Focus
Yup the employee there told me that they normally use the eBay rate ie they take the average rate that that used item goes for on ebay and give you 60% of it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Try Craigslist first. Then eBay if you can't sell locally, but check Completed Listings on eBay to get an idea what it will go for.

I'd only ever sell a guitar to a store if I absolutely needed money that same day, and I know it wouldn't be much.
^^^ 60% seems high.

Definitely sell it yourself.

Unless you want to be raped in your anus. Because that's what GC will do. Then they will stiff you on the trade value when they're done.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
GC give 50% of what they will sell it for used. they will go a little higher for items that have a quick turn around. you also may do a little bit better for guitars that they don't stock new. keep in mind that if they do stock the guitar new that you are selling that they are getting the new one at a discount to begin with so will offer you less for a used one. if you are trading it in towards other merchandise they often will knock 10% off that item which does up your trade value some. this info comes straight from my local GC manager. there are other variables as some gear sells better in certain areas than others.
I love my GC they have total dip-shit's working there I got a Randall XL cab with V30's for $200.00 bucks cause they didnt know what they had.

But on the same hand they will screw you on trade-in a buddy of mine took a brand new Mesa dual watt in just to see how bad they will screw you.

They said they have a hard time selling them and offered $300.00 for it on traded in what a joke.

Note: my buddy was not wanting to get of it he just wanted to see how bad GC will try to screw you.
When I sold some gear to GC here's what the manager told me.

First, if they think they can sell it, they'll go on the bay and look for an average price. Depending on the condition of your gear they offer up to 50% of the bay's price.

I didn't like the offer for my epi les paul std plus so I worked out a trade for a new small tube amp. I got more value in trade than cash.
They will give you about 10% off straight up on the guitar you want to get if you tell them about what you plan on doing, if you just tell them you are selling it they will give you really little money for it.

I say for with craigslist for it, sell it for what you need and you know the guitar is worth, not new price of course, but you know, things in craigslist sell awesomely fast, specially if it's in good shape. Just put an add and you will see what i'm talking about :P
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P