So i have a old marshall cab with a celestion g12-65 Rola from the 80's ( not the reissue version ) .

I was wondering since i play mostly punk rock and metal .. if i should switch the speaker in it .

I see Celestion v-30 everywhere ... but they sell for cheaper than my g12-65. so im trying to understand .

anyone use g12-65 for hard rock distortion .. V30 seem pretty much to be the "standart". everywhere i heard g12-65 .. it was blues players .

im gonna play with a orange tiny terror or egnater rebel 30 .. something like that ,

should i sell the cab and grab a combo with a vintage 30 in it or keep my celestion rola g12-65 . ??
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
why don't you plug it into the amp first and try for yourself?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
let me know if you decide to sell the 65.

edit: take from that what you will.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
let me know if you decide to sell the 65.

edit: take from that what you will.

weird thing is that the g12-65 reissue ( heritage ) sell for 200 $ ( or close to that , and they are said not to sound as good as the vintage one from the 80's ) .. i list on my kijiji (montreal) the whole 1980's Marshall cab 1x12 ( made of real birch plywood ) with a vintage celestion g12-65 rola on it .. for 200 $ and didnt get any offer .

i didnt want to bargain but i was wondering how come no one grabbed it . im asking 200 $ for a 1x12 birch playwood marshall cabinet with a original celestion rola g12-65 and nobody wanted it .

i might list it back .. if i could sell the whole cab , id probably go the P.A route and grab a powered p.a speaker and play with a multi effect . better for bedroom purpose .

but im not gonna give it away for nothing .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 28, 2011,
I wouldn't use a V30 for punk. Greenbacks all the way.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I wouldn't use a V30 for punk. Greenbacks all the way.

he'd need more than one greenback though. a 412, yeah, all day all night.

TS - sent you a PM. nvm, you are in canada.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 29, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
he'd need more than one greenback though. a 412, yeah, all day all night.

TS - sent you a PM. nvm, you are in canada.

yeah unfortunatly , thats why i was trying to sell the cab in my local ad .. shipping it to u.s would be 90 $ with canada post so its not an option ..

thx anyway .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim